User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default stay away from puppysports

I placed an order on April 4, sent the store 2 emails and by today April 9 I have not received a reply. This is really bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I sent them inquiries, they usually responded within a couple of days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaranai View Post
    When I sent them inquiries, they usually responded within a couple of days.
    That's unacceptable to me. In the US if a store is unresponsive like this, they would be out of business real quick. I won't be dealing with puppysports in the future. It's been 6 days now I have not heard anything from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your emails went on their "junk mail" folder ??!!!

The best thing is to send them email from like business/student email if possible, if not try send it from more than one account.

Also, in the subject try put something more noticeable, something like "Yonex Rackets Ordered" or "Badminton - Invoice" etc.....just humble opinions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
    Maybe your emails went on their "junk mail" folder ??!!!

The best thing is to send them email from like business/student email if possible, if not try send it from more than one account.

Also, in the subject try put something more noticeable, something like "Yonex Rackets Ordered" or "Badminton - Invoice" etc.....just humble opinions...
    I did get one automatic email after placing order. But subsequent emails asking about order status were unreturned. I checked junk folder also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by angle409 View Post
    I did get one automatic email after placing order. But subsequent emails asking about order status were unreturned. I checked junk folder also.
    No, I meant "them" not yours....maybe your emails went on their (puppysports') junk folder...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
    No, I meant "them" not yours....maybe your emails went on their (puppysports') junk folder...
    Thanks. I just sent them an email from my business email to cancel my order. I'll try to avoid dealing with stores that have no phone numer or physical address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your experience with puppysports. For me though, it is quite the opposite. They were very responsive and I had no problems making changes to order and such. It may seem strange but it is faster (and cheaper) to get stuff from HK to my place than it is to get from CA (Badminton Alley or SDBS)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience with puppysports. For me though, it is quite the opposite. They were very responsive and I had no problems making changes to order and such. It may seem strange but it is faster (and cheaper) to get stuff from HK to my place than it is to get from CA (Badminton Alley or SDBS)!
    SDBS was very quick in my experience. I ordered a Wilson racket from SDBS 2 months ago. I got the racket 2 days after ordering and I even ordered restringing service. The problem with SDBS is that they only carry 2-3 brands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by angle409 View Post
    I placed an order on April 4, sent the store 2 emails and by today April 9 I have not received a reply. This is really bad.
    I don't know puppysports myself, and I don't have any business connection with them.

When dealing with oversea shops, maybe we should give a few extra days for them to reply and/or be a bit more patient. Reason being is the business culture and possible communication problem (not everyone speaks perfect English in other region). Never have to mention, email server and provider can be tricky, in case of some un-expected "filter" issues.

Anyway, all I am saying is you listed 5-6 days, and 2 days are being weekends. With different time zone, you can lose another day or so. If you want to push for the transaction, try to follow up with another email and/or place a phone call, if possible.

I understand your frustration, but you should know the possible "overhead" when you choose to shop oversea. It's part of the "risk" you might need to deal with.

FYI, once my local club (same city) tried to send us members an email. For some reason, the email was delayed by the email provider (website host) for 2 days. Go figure...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SDBS is garbage for failing to reply to my emails and telling me inconsistant stories. As a result, I will never purchase them and never have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just placed an order from puppysports 1 hour ago before I read this thread. They did sent me receipt confirmation to my email account by half hour though. I hope I won't have to wait long to get my stuff. Anybody bought from them? How long do they normally ship? Btw, I'm in Indonesia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that ordering and communicating through phone works the best when dealing with SDBS. Their website and email communications are lacking a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long did it take for your orders to come in? I ordered April 2 in the morning EST. I'm in VA. Any guesses?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 weeks +/- 1 week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my woven 12a in about 10 days That said...... I sent it in the mail back to them 4 weeks ago with a cracked frame. I emailed them and Sotx pictures before sending and was told it would be covered under warranty. 4 weeks later they say they have not received the racket I know I should have sent certified but from USA to Hong Kong is expensive.Im not saying either way if they have received it or not. Its your decision if you want to deal with them or not. If I do get a replacement I will post that. But after 4 weeks its not looking good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i ordered from puppysports earlier this year. it took about 10 days for the racket to come in. it was a SOTX winner kinsmen 8080+. i had them string it with yonex bg85's at 24 lbs. when the racket came in, the frame was warped/bent. it was flatter on one side, and the shape of the head was ruined. they were very responsive to my emails (usually responded within a day or two), and sympathetic to my problem, but refused to take credit for the damage. i sent them pictures and they said that nothing could be determined by the pictures. they said that i could send the racket back, and "if we feel that the racket has been damaged", they would send me a replacement. hell, i wasn't going to do that. why pay twice the shipping?

puppysports is crap, unreliable, and cheep (as in they will go at any cost to not spend more money than they need to). do not purchase from puppysports.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast