Unusual foot pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by wocdam, Apr 11, 2008.

1. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    To all the medical gurus out there, I have an unusual foot pain. been hindering me for the past few months. the pain is between the sesamoid and flexor hallucis longus. the area of the foot is just one small patch and feels tender to touch, and sharp pain when pressed on. any advice?

2. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Is it plantar? From the very limited description you gave, it would seems like Morton.

BTW, you shouldn't get any advice from the net and just check that out in person with your doc.

3. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Well. Speaking of foot. My foot hurts after awhile of running, or a shot period of hard badminton. And my foot will always hurt while running before my legs become tired. So when I run I have to push myself to run on it. :(

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yeah, i agree, the condition sounds pretty serious. you should go consult a doctor or at least a physio immediately.

5. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    went to see a friend who's a orthopaedic doctor. apparently, he's never come across something similar. his guess is acute tendinitiis, but i'm not so sure. definitely not morton neuroma. I also had plantar fasciitis for many years, but it's not the same kind of pain.
    basically, i've attached a pic to show where's the pain.

Attached Files:

#5 wocdam, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  6. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    wot you cud do to try & fix it urself is do a light exercise 2 warm it up, make sure you stretch well before & after. Put the foot into a ice/cold container or if u can soak the whole leg into a cold/ice bath as sum feet pains can come from the leg or back.
    After that use heat, use a hot water bottle or try a nice warm bath after that.

This shud help big time, then giv it reast for a day & repeat the whole ting again.

PS the exercise shud be light such as walking or slow joggin, u shud feel the foot ache but it shud nt be a full on sharp pain, if it is the exercise cud stil be 2 heavy for it.

This is nt medical advice so if ur unsure c ur doc bout it but this is what i do when i hurt myself & it always works for me so try it & c.

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Guess i have to make some ice everyday..:rolleyes:.Hopefully it'll work for me as well..

8. evylgrynn

evylgrynn Regular Member

have you considered looking into custom sport orthotics? our feet take a bad pounding when we play, I am currently getting orthotics made for my feet to help provide support and comfort for my feet specifically, as I have bad pain through my feet when I play. Or even general sport orthotics. Perhaps this would help reduce your pain

9. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    i'm using custom insoles. also i avoid playing at courts with concrete flooring, only timber or rubber flooring for me. anyway, i believe it could be a stress injury. hopefully some rest will let the pain go away

10. 2NDround

2NDround Regular Member

Is your shoe too narrow?

From the picture shown, I have pain exactly in the same spot. The pain only goes away a month after I change my shoe to the widest that I can find (a 4E model).

11. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    my badminton shoes are 4E width, just nice for me. funny that you should mention it, i wear safety industrial boots for 8-10hours a day, and they aren't exactly comfy. maybe i should change my safety boots, and possibly my daily shoes as well to see if that helps. thanks