Grip sizes

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I don't get the different grips sizes.... Which ones are the big sizes and which ones are the smaller sizes? Whats the advantages and disadvantages of the different sizes or types?

Thanx for all replies

2. g2k

g2k Guest

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/badminton-central/forums/read.php?f=1&i=1170&t=1170

3. Don

Don Regular Member

G2 is the largest for yonex and G5 is the smallest. As for advantages in grip sizes, it solely depends on the player. I use to play with a 3/4 inch grip diameter, then I picked up squash and now I play with a 1 1/4 inch grip size. It's really personal preference, plus my hands are a tad big.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Advantages and disadvantages.
    Smaller grip - can manipulate the racquet just using the fingers and thumb more easily. But more easy for the racquet to slide out when smashing

Larger grip - Won't lose the racquet so easily when smashing, maybe less prone to tennis elbow. But unable to use wrist so well.

Adjustments come down to personal preference. I notice that Asians tend to use smaller grip sizes whereas in UK some people have huge grips. Generally, people from UK don't use their wrist so well. This maybe related???

Tennis/squash have larger racquet bulk and different strokes so grip size will need to be changed accordingly for these requirements