User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 27 of 27
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Er, how about "all double hits, whetheer accidental or deliberate, are faults unless made in one stroke on the frame and the string".

  2. #19
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001 View Post
    Er, how about "all double hits, whetheer accidental or deliberate, are faults unless made in one stroke on the frame and the string".
    But the question is how do you differentiate a double hit and one that is not.

    I'm sure you have seen, or maybe even experienced yourself, that with one stroke you can hit the shuttle twice, mostly accidentally.

    I have experienced many times when chipping the golf ball that I can hit it twice as my club hit the ball on the follow through when I strike it too slow. But in this case it is not a fault, it is two strokes instead of one.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LuckyTown
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uncle Loh, we should play golf together sometimes.
    Besides Badminton, Golf is my other equal passion.
    I'm so much a technical junkie, the golf swing has no more secrets to me. 300 yards miaow !

    And everyone who plays golf and knows the double hit on the same swing can easily extrapolate to badminton

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UBC, Fremont, California
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    okay, so double hit is NOT legal, only hitting on frame at string at the same time is okay.

  5. #22
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Uncle Loh, we should play golf together sometimes.
    Besides Badminton, Golf is my other equal passion.
    I'm so much a technical junkie, the golf swing has no more secrets to me. 300 yards miaow !

    And everyone who plays golf and knows the double hit on the same swing can easily extrapolate to badminton
    Loopy, yes we will play golf in Lucky Town!

    But I got so tired of my double hits that I have now given up golf. Also I never hit farther than 200 meters (here we use metric) and got out-hit by the young lads most of the time, which is often demoralizing. So instead of getting on the par-5 green in regulation 3 strokes, I would be lucky to make it in 4!

    I have less problem with badminton, so I continued. But here again, I got out-smashed by my younger opponents most times! Aiyah!
    Last edited by Loh; 04-14-2008 at 11:37 AM.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LuckyTown
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Loopy, yes we will play golf in Lucky Town!

    But I got so tired of my double hits that I have now given up golf. Also I never hit farther than 200 meters (here we use metric) and got out-hit by the young lads most of the time, which is often demoralizing. So instead of getting on the par-5 green in regulation 3 strokes, I would be lucky to make it in 4!

    I have less problem with badminton, so I continued. But here again, I got out-smashed by my younger opponents most times! Aiyah!
    Then stick to golf, and practice your chipping, pitching and putting to the maximum. Even Gary Player shot 6 over par on Augusta, and he's 72. So you can still teach those young lads how the game should be played

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alright since were talking about double hits, legal ones and ones that result in a fault i was doing a little searching and i remember there being the slow motion video of the AE open i believe it was. Anyways theres a serve in there and well ive edited the video and cut that scene out so let me know what you think. It is present near the end of the clip and if you watch it appears that the shuttle hits the racquet 2 times but i dont recall there being a fault called during the match itself so therefore a legeal double hit caught by a high speed camera. I uploaded it to imeem cause its not worth it to upload it on youtube.

    http://www.imeem.com/people/wGlP25z/..._sports_video/

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,879
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Many shots are technically double hits (especially slices), but that doesn't cause them to be faulted.

    This law is intended to stop players from playing volleyball-style shots. If you need a high-speed camera to be sure of the double hit, then it certainly isn't within the spirit of the law.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UBC, Fremont, California
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the rule should be changed to...as long as the bird is traveling in only 1 significant direction after the double hit, its ok..aka, like a slice

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if the double hit rule is enforced, then we wouldn't have slices, be cause it's pretty much a double hit...or results in double hits if mishit =\

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. [Request] Badminton matches mixed double, women's double and men's double in VCD
    By kimdongmoon in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 0
    : 05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
  2. Badminton Rules
    By Wonger8 in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 17
    : 10-06-2006, 07:45 AM
  3. Serving in double new rules
    By woodhead666 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 12
    : 03-20-2006, 04:06 AM
  4. Rules of Badminton?
    By Eggss in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 03-12-2006, 11:46 PM
  5. Double licence? same rules in all countries
    By boulie in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 03-08-2006, 01:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •