User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Type AB blood - badminton champion blood?

I just read an article about interviewing Li, Yongbo - Chief Coach of China badminton national team. A point he mentioned is quite interesting.

He said, according to the statistics from China team (I guess it may not be very systematic) , many (or most) champions are with type AB blood. Right now there is no further evidence to prove this point, but seems blood type does affect on the natural personal character and psychological quality, which in turn works on person's activities like sports skills/levels, etc.

What is your blood type? Maybe you are potential to be the next champion, amateurish or professional. Who knows? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this is surprising! So all badminton players with bloodtype AB would be better? I'm O, and I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daddxd View Post
    I just read an article about interviewing Li, Yongbo - Chief Coach of China badminton national team. A point he mentioned is quite interesting.

He said, according to the statistics from China team (I guess it may not be very systematic) , many (or most) champions are with type AB blood. Right now there is no further evidence to prove this point, but seems blood type does affect on the natural personal character and psychological quality, which in turn works on person's activities like sports skills/levels, etc.

What is your blood type? Maybe you are potential to be the next champion, amateurish or professional. Who knows? 
    Where it is possible to find this article?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article is written in Mandarin. I am not sure if it has other language versions.

BTW, there is a mistake in my post: Li, Yongbo is the General Coach instead of Chief Coach now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting, I'm AB I guess that might be a possible explanation on why I seem to improve very quickly compared to my teammates...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I bet you can find champions of any blood type. Interesting hypothesis but..... nah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow...this seems so bogus....yet its an odd coincidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sound similar:

A long time ago a scientist (cannot remember his name) believe that we can tell whether a person has criminal tendencies by the shape of his skull . Judging a person by his blood group must be the top weird idea of this century.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without actual data to back it up, this is just a silly rumour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It reminds me of that guy advocating a specific food diet depending on your blood type...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might find this funny, but in japan culture, a person's blood type is actually a very important aspect. They seem to think (or maybe it's just for the fun of it, like astrology in North America) that a person's blood type affects his personality. You almost always find a character's blood type in a manga's character's list and description.
    With how little we know about genetics, they may be right, and they may be wrong. Statistics are only what the look like: numbers.
    Who knows?
    Maybe we should start a little investigation. We could try to search for current top player's blood type of all nationalities and see if it is true that there is a strong correlation between results and blood type. Could be a fun fact to prove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2NDround View Post
    This sound similar:

A long time ago a scientist (cannot remember his name) believe that we can tell whether a person has criminal tendencies by the shape of his skull . Judging a person by his blood group must be the top weird idea of this century.
    i'm thinking Franz Gall. you're thinking of Phrenology lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology
    Last edited by xXazn_romeoXx; 04-14-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: oops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hum...
    so following the same logic, most badminton champions are asian, therefore asian are better at badminton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiryu View Post
    hum...
    so following the same logic, most badminton champions are asian, therefore asian are better at badminton?
    You might think I'm crazy, but yeah, it may be a good assumption. There is a lot of physical differences between races (Black, white, asian, native american, etc.). For instance, in general, black people have densier bones while asians have the less densier of all (porous is the right term I think). White people are in between if I am not mistaken. Maybe if you add up all the little differences like this one, "asian bodies" actually are in better condition to play badminton, which would give them a little advantage over other races. But hey! Let's not tarnish their glory. If they are that good, I doubt we have to blame genetics. It's because they work extremely hard and because they are always one step ahead of north americans technically that they kick our asses :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting observation. My guess is the money. The prize money is not attractive enough. When it reach the amount near to tennis level, we'll see some 'michael jordan' wanna be will be playing badminton. Or 'King James'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cow

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    interesting observation. My guess is the money. The prize money is not attractive enough. When it reach the amount near to tennis level, we'll see some 'michael jordan' wanna be will be playing badminton. Or 'King James'.
    I agree with you, but this can be both good and bad I think.....
    Good...more money more people "join in"
    Bad.....they might have to change the rules e.g make net as high as valley ball to make it more "equal" esp for those such tall individuals like 7ft people...?!!!

Ooooh BTW...yes...I am AB type blood !!! yahoooooo...!!!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can tell you that O +ve is by far the most common blood type in Chinese. There are far fewer AB here. In fact, there are so few AB donors in HK, the donors are put on a special registry to be able to contact them in times of need. Many of the AB donors are non chinese.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast