Type AB blood - badminton champion blood?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by daddxd, Apr 13, 2008.

1. daddxd

daddxd Regular Member

I just read an article about interviewing Li, Yongbo - Chief Coach of China badminton national team. A point he mentioned is quite interesting.

He said, according to the statistics from China team (I guess it may not be very systematic) , many (or most) champions are with type AB blood. Right now there is no further evidence to prove this point, but seems blood type does affect on the natural personal character and psychological quality, which in turn works on person's activities like sports skills/levels, etc.

What is your blood type? Maybe you are potential to be the next champion, amateurish or professional. :) Who knows? 

2. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Well, this is surprising! So all badminton players with bloodtype AB would be better? :D I'm O, and I like it. :p

3. BorAlex

BorAlex Regular Member

ingenier
    Where it is possible to find this article?

4. daddxd

daddxd Regular Member

This article is written in Mandarin. I am not sure if it has other language versions.

BTW, there is a mistake in my post: Li, Yongbo is the General Coach instead of Chief Coach now.

5. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

interesting, I'm AB I guess that might be a possible explanation on why I seem to improve very quickly compared to my teammates...

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I bet you can find champions of any blood type. Interesting hypothesis but..... nah:D

7. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    wow...this seems so bogus....yet its an odd coincidence

8. 2NDround

2NDround Regular Member

This sound similar:

A long time ago a scientist (cannot remember his name) believe that we can tell whether a person has criminal tendencies by the shape of his skull :eek::D. Judging a person by his blood group must be the top weird idea of this century.

9. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Without actual data to back it up, this is just a silly rumour. :p

10. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

It reminds me of that guy advocating a specific food diet depending on your blood type...

11. Gabriyel

Gabriyel Regular Member

You might find this funny, but in japan culture, a person's blood type is actually a very important aspect. They seem to think (or maybe it's just for the fun of it, like astrology in North America) that a person's blood type affects his personality. You almost always find a character's blood type in a manga's character's list and description.
    With how little we know about genetics, they may be right, and they may be wrong. Statistics are only what the look like: numbers.
    Who knows?
    Maybe we should start a little investigation. We could try to search for current top player's blood type of all nationalities and see if it is true that there is a strong correlation between results and blood type. Could be a fun fact to prove.

12. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i'm thinking Franz Gall. you're thinking of Phrenology lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

#12 xXazn_romeoXx, Apr 14, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  13. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    hum...
    so following the same logic, most badminton champions are asian, therefore asian are better at badminton? :D

14. Gabriyel

Gabriyel Regular Member

You might think I'm crazy, but yeah, it may be a good assumption. There is a lot of physical differences between races (Black, white, asian, native american, etc.). For instance, in general, black people have densier bones while asians have the less densier of all (porous is the right term I think). White people are in between if I am not mistaken. Maybe if you add up all the little differences like this one, "asian bodies" actually are in better condition to play badminton, which would give them a little advantage over other races. But hey! Let's not tarnish their glory. If they are that good, I doubt we have to blame genetics. It's because they work extremely hard and because they are always one step ahead of north americans technically that they kick our asses :)

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    interesting observation. My guess is the money. The prize money is not attractive enough. When it reach the amount near to tennis level, we'll see some 'michael jordan' wanna be will be playing badminton. Or 'King James'.

16. crashandburn

crashandburn Regular Member

badminton player
    cow

I agree with you, but this can be both good and bad I think.....
    Good...more money more people "join in"
    Bad.....they might have to change the rules e.g make net as high as valley ball to make it more "equal" esp for those such tall individuals like 7ft people...?!!!:D:D:D:D

Ooooh BTW...yes...I am AB type blood !!! yahoooooo...!!!

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I can tell you that O +ve is by far the most common blood type in Chinese. There are far fewer AB here. In fact, there are so few AB donors in HK, the donors are put on a special registry to be able to contact them in times of need. Many of the AB donors are non chinese.

18. 2NDround

2NDround Regular Member

19. Gabriyel

Gabriyel Regular Member

That's strange...Why would they need AB donors? Type AB blood can only be given to people with AB blood. If most chinese have type O blood like you say, hospitals should have no problem at all finding compatible donors since type O blood can be given to anyone (as long as you respect positive-negative matching). AB+'s are universal takers and O-'s are universal givers; simple as that.

20. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i think so too. some bodies are better at certain sports. why are african runners very good at marathon. skinny body but very resilient. and asians on the other hand are good at certain sports like badminton, field hockey and some other sport where height does not play too big a part. yes, there are always europeans who are good at sports that asians dominate and there are asians who could compete on the same level in sports dominated by europeans. but i think body type plays a part in whatever sports we play, whether height is important, or low gravity point is important, or agility is important, or strength is important, etc. etc....and body type is part of our genetic make up. :D