User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I need a coach!!

Josh I think that might of been the reason why AARON did not show up... lol. as badrad mentioned. How old is this Mr. AARON tuff kid? From his posts, he shows lack of respect and he sounds like one of those kids that just "TALK" but can't really play. He also sounds like the type that cries and whines about loosing games and maybe someone who does not play fair. Correct me if I'm wrong, this is just my opinion of what might this AARON act like in real life based on reading his posts.

Josh B.

Basically it goes like this, he likes to argue a lot about everything especially about how much better he is at everything. But believe me, we are friends, it's just that I think he likes to say petty remarks like that on here because he thinks that no one can catch him. He's already been banned once! LOL!

Josh B.

By the way Badrad, this may sound like a stupid question but I couldn't help but wonder what racquet you and your daughter had. I know, quite the far-off-the-topic question but I'm just curious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default white rock club

the white rock club is a nice little club, definitely annual cost is very inexpensive for two nights a week of play.

the tuesday gym was low, my daughter and i lost a few points when we hit the lights and other little extensions hanging from the ceiling, but we got used to this, since her school gym is not much higher. guildford gym and the VRC have a high ceiling, nearly impossible under normal play to hit.

we enjoyed it very much, it was good to meet a few old friends (lawrence and fu) and some new ones as well. it was good to rally with you. you are most welcome to attend the guildford training. i would suggest that if you do meet the twins or simon, why don't you approach them to ask for a ride?

if not: i requested information from BCTRANSIT. here is the connection info for Saturday morning from white rock to guildford. is sounds like you need to get out early though - and the total length of time is nearly 2 hours one way. so not sure if it's worth the ride all the way out.

"Hello,

I have provided to times as the 340 only travels once an hour.

Your trip has 1 transfer and will take 52 minute[s].

Depart 6:56 from stop WHITE ROCK CENTRE BAY 7 on line ""321
    SURREY CENTRAL
    STN";" .
    Arrive 7:18 at stop NEWTON EXCHANGE BAY 3.

Transfer 7:30 at stop NEWTON EXCHANGE BAY 7 to line ""340
    GUILDFORD"; Start Newton Exch (Bay #7);" .
    Arrive 7:48 at final destination stop SB 152 ST FS 105 AVE.

Adult - 2.00; Concession - 1.50;

Your trip has 1 transfer and will take 55 minute[s].

Depart 7:53 from stop WHITE ROCK CENTRE BAY 7 on line ""321
    SURREY CENTRAL
    STN";" .
    Arrive 8:15 at stop NEWTON EXCHANGE BAY 3.

Transfer 8:30 at stop NEWTON EXCHANGE BAY 7 to line ""340
    GUILDFORD"; Start Newton Exch (Bay #7);" .
    Arrive 8:48 at final destination stop SB 152 ST FS 105 AVE.

Adult - 2.00; Concession - 1.50;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: white rock club

i use the Proace WB28. i have 6 of that racquet - all strung at 21 pounds, ashaway rally22.
    my daughter uses the Forza Morten Frost special, strung at 25 pounds, ashaway rally22.
    my wife uses the Forza 1200 - it was a demo racquet from our good friend Darryl Yung. unfortunately the 1200 is the only one in Canada, he did not order any of those for general sale. her's is strung with ashaway rally22, at 22 pounds.

when i am feeling silly or like to just mess around, i sometimes play with a Prince axis 80.

Josh B.

Well......... I will think about it because that means I have to get up at the crack of dawn to do papers. Anyway, will you attend White Rock club tomorrow? It's at Semiahmoo Trail Elementary and as I said before, it's a much nicer gym but the only drawback is the amount of room to sit when not playing. At least the White Rock gym had a seating area but all the Semi Trail gym has are a few benches around the gym that are a few feet away from the courts. It's at the same time as yesterday too.

Josh B.

Where do you get Forza's in this area? I didn't see them at Tad's when I went there. Also your Proace looked nice and I don't know where to get those either. I'm looking at getting a new racquet because I'm sick and tired of my Isometric 76 VF. I barely get anything out of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forza's - i got them directly from my friend Darryl. ProAce - I kept a dozen for myself a few years ago when I was partner with a local distributor for Proace racquets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no - can't make it there tomorrow because i will be at guildford. maybe i will try again next tuesday, but it's a half hour drive to get to white rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Froza racquets

Josh,
    You can get Froza racquets from Darryl's company; http://www.prismsports.com. You can also check out Racquets & Runners (on Oak/24th) and you said that you already checked out Tad's (they have a few different brands and have started carrying Winex racquets).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops...seems that I had posted the wrong address for Darryl's site. Try http://www.forzacanada.com (will redirect you to the site). Sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter - why don't you make a sales call for Winex promotion there one night? the caliber of play is quite good, and you could even make a sale or two.

Josh - take a look at some Winex's as well, they are very decent racquets for the price. If you want some variety of make, you could also take a look at SMASHING STRINGS - Jim Tsang the travelling badminton guy. He has a varied assortment of racquets usually not found on the average shelf.

Josh B.

OK I will do that. Have any of you tried the Muscle Power 55 before? I'm also considering that racquet. I'm also on a tight budget because I have a new tennis racquet to get as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope - never tried the MP55. can't make any judgment on it. is there any way for you to try one or a friend's before you buy?

Josh B.

I don't know anyone who has it. Perhaps if you come to White Rock Club again, could I try one of your Prace racquets? It doesn't matter if you don't want me too, it's just that I like to try before I buy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just came from local sport chek and bought a Prince Axis 68 for the cool price of 19.99. it was a returned, had a scracth, but otherwise intact. not bad for $20.

i also saw a bunch of 77vf for 69.99. the reason i mention this is that one of my doubles partner decided to buy one a few days ago because of the sale, and he was quite impressed with the racquet, considering the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: White Rock Badminton Club

Josh,
    Can you email me (winex-westcan@telus.net) Dan's contact information so that I can phone him to see if I can come out one Tuesday's evening with some Winex demo racquets for the players at the club to try.

Thanks.
    Peter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast