User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I need a coach!!

if you get off at surrey central, you need to catch a bus going east on 104 avenue. that will take you guildford mall. you need to get to the north side of the mall (there is a sport chek and Sears). cross the parking lot from sears you will see the rec center. we will be there at 9:30.

Starting next week we will be running the training on Saturday mornings 8:30 to 10 am instead of Sundays.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no - the center right next to surrey central is North Surrey and only has pool and skating rink - no gym. you need to get to guildford mall.

Lee

Ouch
    How long's the bus ride usually?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from surrey central to guildford bus trip is around 15 minutes, depending on the wait for connection.

btw - Jason came to the practice this morning. i hope he enjoyed it, we had some pretty good drills and games.

Also please note: the training will be running on Saturdays starting next Saturday (April 6) at 8:30 to 10.

Josh B.

Badrad, too bad I won't be able to attend those sessions because I deliver newspapers on Saturday mornings. What a drag!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol get another job Josh!!! I bet even MacDonald's pays more then paper route hehe.! Although MacDonald's here have age discrimination! You get paid more if you're older.

AARON.m

ya your probably right bn and josh hears a good idea if you like badminton so much why not get up at six finish by 7:00 and then catch the bus over there THINK

Josh B.

Aaron, I wouldn't be talking because you deliver papers as well on Saturday mornings. Also if you hate badminton so much, why did your mom go out and spend $150 on an Iso 96 VF. For $130 I could go out and get an Muscle Power 55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh oh... I sense tension! Oh yea.. I'd have to agree with Josh.... MP-55 Alll the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (until I get something better) !

Josh B.

Badminton Newbie, what are some good characteristics of the Musle Power 55? Are there any bad sides to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on player I guess, it has stiff shaft, and its really head heavy so you can produce powerful smashes with right technique. Control is decent too (my opinion) for drops and stuff. I'd say it's a singles racquet because of it's weight and head heavyness, this racquet is not as manuverable as other racquets that I have tried and is not that great for fast doubles games. But this is just my opinion. Look on the bright side, playing with a 2u racquet instead of a 3u will be better since it does help strenghten arm. This racquet took me a week to get used to but it was good after that Excellent racquet for it's price! I heard the VF series lacks power and kinda sux from other people in this forum but if you think it works for you then use it I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OHH I forgot to mention. THis racquet id durable as hell! I've been through a few clashes, most minor but this racquet has held up. Clashes didn't eiffect the performance! Frame is mighty strong. Also I have Dropped and *thrown* my racquet (once) when my grip was at the end of it's lifespan and this racquet is still in one peice! It has a few chips and scratches (from picking up birdie) but still performs like new. I wonder if I chip off the paint on the whole racquet if it would make it more lightweight? heheheh! Excellent durability unlike what I heard about MP-100s which break easily!

Josh B.

Thanks for the info. I just got one VF racquet because it was my first Yonex racquet and I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money just to try out my first Yonex racquet. Before that, I was totally in to Carlton. (I still am hehe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like carlton then stick with carlton

AARON.M

because i am not a fanadic of badminton i dont spend 3 hours looking and reserching every day you can ask him about any raquet and he'll know it and at least i make $115 a month instead of a small wage of $40 dollars a month

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AARON, grow up. Josh is smart in researching racquets so he does not need to go look for another when he gets better and also, knows what the best type of racquet he can get for price.

Josh B.

So badrad, how did you like the club. I know it's not a big fancy gym for badminton but the Thursday gym is much better. It's lighter and there is grey carpet-like stuff on the walls so the bird contrasts. You should come on Thursday again. Also, Aaron should be there so your daughter can play him! (and most definately beat him!!!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast