String broke during game....

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Nanox, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Nanox

Nanox Regular Member

Student
    today was suppose to be a good day but...... so my school had a game today with another school. we played them and kept winning until im the last one to play and our school wins or not depended on my game. when i first play that dude, hes like not really pro at all. until my score goes up to 5 to 1. i got 5 , and i drop smash that dude and i hear my string broke. since i do not have a back up racket. i used one of my friend's. he has double layer grip and a string that has higher tension than mine. its just weird that my oppent can catch up to me and beat me... i feel bad after my game, i think i cant even use my full force to play with my oppent and lose....

2. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

its partly due to the different racket, especially if you've become so accustomed to your racket string tension.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I understand for you students, money is a big issue. However, if you play for school team, you should always have a simular racquet as a backup. I would suggest to look in buy/sell forum to see if you can get a used same model racquet as a back up. Sorry to hear your lost. Good luck next time.

4. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

get a back up no matter what, if $ is a prob try to get a similar type cheaper racquet with same string and tension

5. BlankShot

BlankShot Regular Member

I definitely agree. A backup racket is somewhat mandatory, especially if you play on a school team. Your position is kinda like the one I'm in right now. A friend of mine got our rackets switched up (we use the same racket pouch), and now he has my MP99 and I have his MP88. I can't use his MP88 very well as the tension is different, the strings are different, the racket balance is different and the way the racket is gripped is different (he's a righty and I'm a lefty). If I had a backup racket... (well I do but it was in the same bag), I wouldn't be in the position I currently am in.

Lesson of the story : Always have a backup racket, and possibly store it in a different bag! XD

6. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    bring 2 or 3 backup rackets. I broke 2 rackets strings in the league final this year, and im convinced that my third one would have snapped if there was one more game. Too much round the head smashing :) Wish i could use that as an excuse for losing :(

7. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    Only when a racket is strung a lot tighter than mine do I have control problems. I picked up my friends racket at 26lbs a new FireBlade Elite and I had difficulty with control.

Also when you have been using the same racket for awhile and you are one with the racket and pick up a new racket or a different racket it can take a little while to become one.

8. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

which school do you go to?

9. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    This is a good lesson for everybody i.e. a spare racquet is a must.

10. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    A spare racquet is a must, maybe not the exact same racquet but a racquet that You have experience with it and can adjust to it quickly