User Tag List

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Well,i have some strung rackets at my place.If i don't bring it,it'll be useless.Also,depends on who i play with,i also choose my racket.Singles,i have 4 preferred racket,and doubles,with those which is good,i have 3 preferred ones,and doubles with those which is not really good,i have 3 preferred ones.So,i have my reason..since i have enough to use,n i won't waste them.
    fair enough, if you manage to make sure of all of them, then that's a good reason ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Curious: How many rackets do you have?

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance since I tried the search engine but nothing came up. I apologize if its been mentioned in other threads before.

My question is how many rackets do you have and carry in your bags? I'm simply going bongles trying to figure this out. I see bags with 3-12 rackets made my Yonex and other brands but why would some carry more then 3? I'm pretty sure even if you invite someone worth playing around with your would at least bring their own rackets or maybe they can use 2 of your other ones. I mean, this isn't the sport of golf where you need to switch clubs or whatnot. Or is it basically a bragging rights as to the more rackets you own the cooler you look? again, I'm sorry if I offended those who loves to whore-show their rackets.

I myself carry 3, sometimes 4 just to make sure if I invite friends for doubles. But realistically only uses my Arcsaber10. I might retire a couple and replace them with new rackets but I think having 3-4 is more then enough. So, why are there bags out there designed for 6 or more rackets?

Daniel
    P.S. my personal cool factor would be to not trail or loose more then 6 points LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they can also be used for tennis and these bags will only hold 2 or 3 tennis racquet, plus shoes, water bottles, balls and spare change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah so in i.e. they are more or less a universal raquet bag? I thought that tennis players have "tennis bags" and badminton players have badminton bags. I can understand the 6's so its wide enough to fit a pair of shoes but 9-12 is still beyond my comprehension. Whereas none of these bags have a bottle holder latch on the outside which I considered essential. I guess its time for me to redesign my own bag.. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 9-12 rackets will probably only be used by coaches of the junior teams where they don't have their own rackets yet.. Or professional players that carry up to about 8 of the same racket just in case their ones break and they can replace it with one with their exact string/tension/grip method etc. For the not so good players around, it's just the success of Yonex in their advertisement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah that makes sense.. So the bigger bags are for coaches.. Thanks for the logical reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technostorm View Post
    Ah that makes sense.. So the bigger bags are for coaches.. Thanks for the logical reply.
    Not necessary. I have about 12 racquets in my bag but I carry my sons as well as my wife's racquet, half dozen spares and some old racquet, cab20 from 20 years ago, that I have not the heart to throw away. They are still good.
    Also I have both heavy and light racquets that I use for specific occasions. Although I do admit that i also coach juniors so I have these spares if required by juniors forgetting their racquet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hai Techhnostorm,

Your topic has been discussed and still being discussed in this thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=54543

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW there is a similar thread to yours in the Equipment forum called Rackets in Your Bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahah! Cab20???!! I still have some Cab15s.. I guess I'm old school ancient.. good post Badwally..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks guys. I'll subscribe to that thread. sorry for starting a new thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind bro.......just dont wanna our handsome good looking moderators get annoyed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technostorm View Post
    ok thanks guys. I'll subscribe to that thread. sorry for starting a new thread.
    No worries. I am sure the moderator kwun will combine these treat together one day. I think there is around at least 3 similar thread that I know of. BTW i notice in your profile you also play with Arc10. That is also my main racquet. Far cry from the old cab20 and in your case cab15. I remember my first racquet it was an old woden frame one. I think it was a Head racquet.
    You had to keep the racquet head in a frame vice to keep t from warping. I guess we are just showing our age....
    Anytime you are in my parts of the woods just PM me and we can get together for a game or two.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok gals and guys, just list down rackets that owned whether is in the bag or not in the bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. That was quick Mr. Administrator....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drifit bolehhhhhhhhhhhh......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha unfortunately i only have one racquet

but since i only play high school badminton....

i own a yonex nanospeed 7000 and before that i had a yonex iso 067ch which i sold immediately once i got my new racquet

im thinking of getting a second racquet this summer though (offensive). the nanospeed is great and all but i actually think that my iso had a stronger smash although w/ the nanospeed it's easier to get that steep angle you want during that smash..

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast