Lin Dan playing doubles? Charity Badminton!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by rajmussen, Apr 18, 2008.

1. rajmussen

rajmussen Regular Member

Student
    I was trawling through the Badminton England website and noticed they had a 'badminton development week' in October where the English top seeds were helping promote the sport. They went around some malls and shopping centres, laid out a court and were just having some friendly games to get the crowd interested.

I was hoping some International Badminton stars could do a 'charity' tournament where the singles stars could play in doubles matches!

They could have Lin Dan and Peter Gade on one team VS Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei. Maybe even mixed doubles with female singles stars.

I know this sounds quite sad, but I'd love to see them at it in a doubles match :) It would help raise money for a charitable cause too from die hard fans.

#1 rajmussen, Apr 18, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i believe they did do a charity event just before the all england this year. they didn't do the matches you were hoping for but quite a few big names did turn up. do a search and i'm sure you'll find it.

3. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    DAMN IT OP, your thread title so threw me for a loop. I clicked on this link hoping to hear that LD had played a doubles exhibition match and that it could be viewed at youtube.com/soandso234234

I'm bitterly crushed that it was more of a "I wish it would happen" than a "it did happen". I would LOVE to see like, LD, XXF in an XD match or whatever, its obvious that they must do this sometimes recreationally, now if only it was televised...

Anyway, I believe everyone shares your sentiment that quirky exhibition matches would always be welcome and be highly entertaining.

4. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    It's a pretty good idea, but honestly. I can not see Lin Dan and Peter Gade playing doubles together even in a friendly game.

5. daddxd

daddxd Regular Member

It is really an interesting news. Don't forget to take photos with them if you can and post here. Rare opportunity, isn't it?

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

remember t record the match for us all here ok?

7. kubuk

kubuk Regular Member

Student
    Lin Dan partners up with XXF against LCW and WMC. Nice mix doubles match indeed.

8. rajmussen

rajmussen Regular Member

Student
    george@chongwei, I think I miscommunicated. The match isn't actually happening I was just hoping it would happen!