to protect against those off centre hits..

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by mojopin, Apr 18, 2008.

1. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    i recently broke both my main rackets strings with a off centre round the head smash. Hammered the shuttle into the stringbed right next to the frame. (annoying cause both were freshly strung).

Anyway, to protect gainst this, do you think i should tighten up the top cross a bit more, to support the mains (which are the ones that break) and stop them flexing, or maybe loosen it, so that they can bend more to take the strain?

Anyone tried varying the top crosses for any reason, and how did it turn out?

Any other stringing tips to protect against these ? ( its exam time- i dont have the time to spare to be stringing up rackets if i break them again )

2. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Reduce tension overall will help but there is underlying reason and broken groumet is one...main should be strung 2 pounds less than cross because when you put tension on the cross strings it increases the tension on the main by about 2 pounds...The other step is to increase your technique so that you seldom mis-hit...easier said than done:D

3. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Check for broken grommets, they are usually the cause of premature string breakage, and also, your fixed clamps might be too tight when u clamp the last string on the mains, which damages the strings.