Badrad: Training camps in China

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Jason, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Jason

Jason Guest

Dear Badrad,

I'm looking for badminton training camps in China and saw your post about Guangdong badmintoin training centre(http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums/read.php?f=2&i=21659&t=21659). I was wondering if you happen to have their contact#, email, or more information regarding their program.

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    my friend quan wei-zhing runs the GD training center, she is the badminton director for southern china. i have to look around for the brochures she gave me on the training camp. if i find it, i'll bring it to next week's practice - will you be attending? btw - our training sessions will continue on a drop-in basis. so just keep coming whenever you can.

3. Jason

Jason Guest

I'm not the Jason that has been attending your pratices. I just happen to search for china training camps and read your post. If you find the brochure, I would greatly appreciate it if you can post me the info. Thanks!!

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    sure, i'll post the info when i find it. it's probably slipped into a book or binder somewhere, but just trying to remember is the task at hand.

5. Jason

Jason Guest

Thank you!

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    badrad, would the chinese training camp charges extra for foreigners?

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    i can't remember how much the standard fee was, but i don't recall it being on the brochure. but the number $75usd per day comes to mind during a conversation.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

would that include room and board?

9. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    yeah, i think the campus had residence rooms there as well, but are spartan. don't expect room service.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that's doesn't sound bad at all, very tempting, maybe an extend vacation stay one day.

11. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    now, i seem to remember getting joked around by Guan Wei-Zhing that she was going to feed my daughter congee only each day.... nah, she's not that mean, actually she is really cute, for an older lady (but then, i'm an older man).

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hey, i don't mind having some weight loss at the same time too. I would definitely gain agility if i lose 10% of my current weight. I'm still trying to lose the 3 lb that i've gained over the last christmas break.

13. vincent ting

vincent ting Guest

hello all

I am interested in going to the camp, as I live in HK and will be available in HK from June, I am happy to do some translattion for you guys if u want

as I can speak Chinese and English

:)

I am 22, currently in UK , University
    back to HK for 10 weeks from 14th June

can u tell me more information about the camp please??

please e-mail me for details!
    thanks
    vincent ting

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hmm, maybe a bunch of us here should get together and negotiate a group rate, plus another discount for having congee and tofu instead of fried rice and BBQ duck.

15. Don

Don Regular Member

Is this place in Beijing? If it is, I may be interested in dropping by a day or so. Oh I seriously do not know how I am going to last in China, I hate chinese food. I hope they have MacDonalds. :)

16. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    no, it's in guangzhou, quite a distance from beijing, but a relatively short train ride from HK.
    man! i can't believe you don't like chinese food. oh-wait-a-minit...you not gonna get menues like one from column A, one from column B... come-on, you can get wine and dined to your stomache's content in china! and for the more exotic - cats and dogs! yummmy!!! when you do order cat, remember to keep the gut later.

17. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Re: Food in China

Also, for the cats, make sure that the paws are declawed otherwise they could get stuck in your throat! :D :D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

OT chinese food

don, there are northern and southern style of chinese foods, do you dislike both version in general? Also, if you have not accompanied by someone who know which chinese restaurant and what to order, i can see why your experience of chinese food may not so... pleasant. If you able to attend a chinese banquets, i think your opinion might be corrected. Could it be your view of chinese foods consist of dishes like chop suey, egg foo young, sweet and sour pork or ribs??

19. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Re: OT chinese food

don, you certainly opened a can of worms with that one about not liking chinese food. oh, yeah did i mention some of the remote chinese provinces where a can of worms really is a meal in itself... sauteed with sesame of course.... hahahahahahah

20. Pete

Pete Guest

Actually, you should ask whether the washroom is up to par with Western Standards. Believe me the toilets and bathrooms in China (except for the 4 and 5 stars hotels) are some what to be desired. I don't mind using sunk-in toilets (you will see a big difference if you compare the sunk-in toilets in Narita International Airport to the regular public WCs in Mainland China) as long as it is clean but . . . those in Mainland China are just . . . uhhmmmmm.