Badminton Asia Championships 2008: FINAL (20 Apr)

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2008' started by badMania, Apr 19, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Men's Doubles
    Candra Wijaya/Nova Widianto vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae [2] (MATCH OF THE DAY) -- Candra/Nova's performance this week has been stunning and they would make it more memorable if they can snatch another upset win over the overwhelming favorite, Jung/Lee. The INA pair needs to take it down in two sets, but, the Koreans always have the knack of winning in three. Therefore, Jung/Lee to win in rubber-sets.

Men's Singles
    Chen Jin [4] vs Park Sung Hwan [7] -- free of any qualification worries, with his ticket to Beijing now guaranteed, Chen Jin should take this one.

Women's Singles
    Jiang Yanjiao vs Wang Lin -- an all-China Final, with Jiang Yanjiao winning this title for the second time in a row.

Mixed Doubles
    Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir [1] vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa [4] -- an all-INA Final eventually and these 2 pairs have proven that they are really the best in Asia. Nova/Butet have beaten 2 Chinese pairs to qualify for the Final and they really deserve the title. However, one worry would always be Nova's stamina, esp since he would have given his best in the first Final. So, Flandy/Vita to take the title!

Women's Doubles
    Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen [1] vs Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing [3] -- no surprise here...the top seed to claim it!

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Candra Wijaya/Nova Widianto to win MD @BAC 2008 ???

I think...

Men's Doubles
    Candra Wijaya/Nova Widianto vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae [2] (MATCH OF THE DAY) -- Candra/Nova's performance this week has been definitely stunning and they will bring another upset win over the overwhelming favorite, Jung/Lee.

#2 chris-ccc, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  3. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

hope it will come true...look at some comments of BCers about this new pair (Nova/Candra) here;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54438

4. Ali_king

Ali_king Regular Member

Same Same hope its true... Go Uncles

I am not surprised at all, the only thing that worried me was, how Nova would be able to play XD and MD, well, he is doing rather well out there isn't he... give the INA head coach a headache before Thomas cup huh....

5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Shouldn't be headache but rather an easier decision. Nova/Candra will probably go in as the 3rd MD. Seeing them play, probably worth fielding them as 2nd MD against KOR or China.

6. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Still my heart goes to Chandra/Nova n Nova/Lilyana. Who knows Nova will be the next Lee YD or Kim DM, he3!

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    we made a joke on him about his stamina....hehe..
    Nova slept early friday night as he was so tired after playing 3 matches....he had to use pain gel in his shoulder before playing He Han Bin/Yu Yang.....It was very intense matches on MD...I talked to Koran team and they always think that Candra was the key last nite...I told them that we were worried about the 3rd set...but clearly Koreans did not feel comfortable playing INA especially in the 2st set....

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    So far, it seems that Candra will be included in TC,....his fighting spirit impressed INA officials....many INA officials were present at this tournament...from ABC chairman, Sulistiyo, his assistant, Youth Ministry's staff, Tan Joe Hok...Arifin Siregar...etc..

9. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

INA's next hall of fame candidate

the next candidate deserve hall of fame if winning ABC 2008 MD title.......
    Nova Widiantooo...!!
    2 times XD world champion and supposed to make history by winning ABC 2008 MD title with hall of fame, Candra Wijaya

INDONESIA!!! tet tet tet tett!!!

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you should PAW this match:D
    i wonder if sandy allow one to PAW the same match

23x30=690 points lah lol
    u can pawn all of us

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
  12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

PSH vs. CJ

PSH - CJ. 55:45.

Haven't seen CJ vs. WCH. Watched CJ vs. SS and PSH vs. Sony. PSH seems to have the ability to play better and more aggressive as the match progress. On the other hand, CJ seems to be slower in the 2nd game than the 1st. PSH will lose the 1st game but win 2:1.

13. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

LYB, LD, CJ face is as thick as the GREAT WALL....today, I will booooooooo CJ, in front of my tv screen....boo because I congratulate him for a spot in OG...:D

CJ sure win lah....but PARK, show ur POWER...revenge for LHI, as CJ said LD is injured n not in good form (thus CJ won easily in SF), but, in QF, LD still manage to KO LHI in 2 easy sets...I wonder, LHI played with a limping leg or injured elbow???

14. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    vching, your statment from the blog of "acting match" from both CJ and LD is the real fact, but i am pretty sure that given any opportunity, any country will use the same strategy. If anyone could stop CJ from reaching final, WCH is the one, but he failed unfortunately. If your prediction of chosing PSH is bias due to the fact that CJ managed to get into the final from the previous "acting" match, that would be unfair. Actually after a thrilling match with Sony, PSH might have been physically drained as compared to CJ, which gives CJ a better chance to win. Anyway, it is just a thought.

15. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    My argument was is that I am convinced by PSH, but have not been convinced by CJ. Perhaps I should have made my point clearer. CJ has not convinced me this tournament, and although he beat LD, which would ordinarily mean that you are on top of your game, dosen't mean anything this time.

I agree that any country would use the same strategy. But imagine this occurred in a professional tennis match. Perhaps at Wimbledon - Roger Federer 'lost' to another Swiss player so that he could go to the Olympics (not likely, as the tennis world doesn't put much emphasis on the Olympics). What do you think would happen to him? The point is, that BWF should disallow such a 'match fixing'. In tennis, if you don't put in enough effort, they can also punish you for 'not putting in enough effort'! I think it is essential that badminton models itself after tennis if it wants to achieve anywhere near its popularity... A 1st round exit at Wimbledon has probably more prize money than a SS win!

16. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Has the match started?

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

correct me if i'm wrong, you can choose the order of play in TC, isn't it? aren't the according to the ranking. if you want to field your no 3 to play as second pair, you have to leave out one of your top 2 and play the no 4 as well, isn't it a bit risky?

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but these example of supposed 'fixing' illustrates that sometime money isn't the prime motivation instrument that supposed to have had made tennis so popular.

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    INA apply.XD tactics, 5-5

KOR appky frountcourt press 6-5

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    MD INA vs KOR 5-7...