Playing Condition At La Salle Middle School Hong Kong

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by Pete, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Pete

Pete Guest

The place doesn't have air conditioning but I gave it a try this Monday. Did I mention "pouring"?!? I reckon the place was + 30 C with + 80% humudity. It became very difficult to concentrate when every part of my body was soaking wet and pouring. I initially thought I had high fever but it was actually the heat. If you are a true badminton fanatic, please bring 4 litres of water and 2 pieces of bath towels.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Pete,

yes. i went back to HK last year, and that was the first time in well, 10+ yrs have i played in HK without A/C. i have the exact same feeling as you.

i remember back when i was young and energetic, we used to play on Sundays in a college gym, from 10am till 5+pm, we brought extra t-shirts, and then take 4 showers throughout the day!

i hope you had fun though, enjoy!

3. Pete

Pete Guest

Kwun, I grew up in much colder climate than Hong Kong. So, I am very sensitive to heat and humudity. I am not sure if I want to play at La Salle again. It is just so meltingly hot :-(. :-D :-D :-D

4. Pete

Pete Guest

You played 7 hours!!! You are almost pros. The longest for me was five and a half hours with short tea breaks (5 minutes or less). check out www.vanlawn.com The place is very nice but expensive. Lucky my member friends bring me in as guest.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Pete, how long will you be in HK for?

6. Pete

Pete Guest

I will be here for a long time to come. But be warned though, my skill level may not be what you expected . . . ask Cheung and Ricky ;-). But you and Cheung will make excellent training opponents for me and Ricky, assuming you guys don't get bored 5 minutes into game. The harder you guys smash the happier I am - the faster the marrier.

7. john

john Guest

are you guys still playing in the summer?