User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 46
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile What is the Best Grip, Towel or Synthetic?

    To all,

    I was wondering how people get crazy to what racket they use, what string they use and stuff... They don't understand how grip can come really handy when it comes to winning... Don't YOU think so?

    Anyway, I just wanna know your preferences...

    SIMPLE! Just these 4 options:
    1. THICK Synthetic
    2. THIN Synthetic
    3. THICK Towel
    4. THIN Towel

    Don't forget to write (copy and paste this if you want):
    BRAND:
    TYPE:
    COLOUR:
    THICKNESS:
    RACKET USED:
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP:
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? (e.g. Sigit Budiarto's Grip):

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup,grip does matter,but i think that's absolutely personal preference.Nobody can say the most expensive grip is the best,just like racket.I'm a Synthetic lover,can't really get used to towel...Maybe because i didn't sweat alot.

    BRAND:Forten,Hi-qua,Adibo overgrips,and Feiton,Forten,yonex replacement grips,etc..
    TYPE:Thin/Thick overgrip/replacement grip,depends on the racket.
    COLOUR:Most of the time,black..
    THICKNESS:0.6mm-2.5mm
    RACKET USED:AT900P,AT700,AT900T,Apacs NP900 white,Apacs EdgeSaber7,Kason carbon 3.0,kawasaki woven 868.
    Overgrip/Replacement grip:Depends..
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT?Nope..Tried,but can't get used to it..


  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    vietnam
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Yup,grip does matter,but i think that's absolutely personal preference.Nobody can say the most expensive grip is the best,just like racket.I'm a Synthetic lover,can't really get used to towel...Maybe because i didn't sweat alot.

    BRAND:Forten,Hi-qua,Adibo overgrips,and Feiton,Forten,yonex replacement grips,etc..
    TYPE:Thin/Thick overgrip/replacement grip,depends on the racket.
    COLOUR:Most of the time,black..
    THICKNESS:0.6mm-2.5mm
    RACKET USED:AT900P,AT700,AT900T,Apacs NP900 white,Apacs EdgeSaber7,Kason carbon 3.0,kawasaki woven 868.
    Overgrip/Replacement grip:Depends..
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT?Nope..Tried,but can't get used to it..I will follow whatever you say because you have the gift if you have a Kawasaki racket that is not broken YET...

    I will follow whatever you say because you have the gift if you have a Kawasaki racket that is not broken YET...sorry but I just couldnt resist...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    vietnam
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingkiller48 View Post
    To all,

    I was wondering how people get crazy to what racket they use, what string they use and stuff... They don't understand how grip can come really handy when it comes to winning... Don't YOU think so?

    Anyway, I just wanna know your preferences...

    SIMPLE! Just these 4 options:
    1. THICK Synthetic
    2. THIN Synthetic
    3. THICK Towel
    4. THIN Towel

    Don't forget to write (copy and paste this if you want):
    BRAND:
    TYPE:
    COLOUR:
    THICKNESS:
    RACKET USED:
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP:
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? (e.g. Sigit Budiarto's Grip):

    Thank you!
    :Synthetic is my choice (I started with towel)...thin for overwrap and thick for replacement grip...color depends on racket color...always wrap past the shaft cap because I only play doubles..Racket most used now is Karakal M-Tec 80....

  5. #5
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess I'll just fill this in.. Because I like filling-in these survey stuff..

    I prefer thin and thick synthetic grips.

    BRAND: Karakal Grips, Prince Microtac Overgrip
    TYPE: Synthetic
    COLOUR: Black or orange
    THICKNESS: Thick~medium
    RACKET USED: AT700, MP40, Cab8, Flypower supowerpower 7-808..
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: depends.
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT?: Only half way up the cone.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have tried Ashaway towel grip recently and found that the big problem is durability - it's excellent for a while and then drops to dreadful in no time (there's no gradual decline like with synthetics).

    Whence:

    BRAND: Karakal
    TYPE: PU Super Grip
    COLOUR: Fluorescent pink (yes, fluorescent pink)
    THICKNESS: Thick - no way to avoid it, just have to pare the existing grip right down to accommodate it, as my preferred size is YY G4
    RACKET USED: SOTX Woven 7
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Depends on the existing grip - over, usually
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No - takes some head weight out of the racket, and mine balance at 297 exactly

    Btw - Dan, it's a real shame the Karakal PU Super is so rare and expensive in the US - we're practically tripping over them in the UK. They're not cheap, though, unless you get the off ebay.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BRAND: Victor
    TYPE: Towel
    COLOUR: Black
    THICKNESS: Medium? (Yonex seems thicker from experience, and the thin towel grips don't absorb as well for me)
    RACKET USED: AT900-T, NS8K
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Overgrip if Yonex G4/G5
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? Just until where the original grip ends

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well currently I use Yonex's SuperGrap AE208EX or something like that (the synthetic one). I'm in Australia right now, and does anyone know like the 'substitute' for this? It's quite expensive, even though it's not THAT good...

    I like the towel one though, coz it feels like you just want to be OFFENSIVE... xD But even though it's cheap, you have to change it overtime... Like 2 weeks, and then that's it... Or like 2 months if you're really lucky


    BRAND: Yonex
    TYPE: SuperGrap AE208EX?
    COLOUR: Navy Blue, Yellow (Currently), Black, Orange (Currently)
    THICKNESS: 0.6 + 0.8= 1.4mm
    RACKET USED: MP99 for both
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Overgrip
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? (e.g. Sigit Budiarto's Grip): Used it before, and actually pretty good IF you're playing doubles ONLY... When you play singles with it, it feels like u want to Drive all the time... xD But now, I'm not using it... Just over the cap.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I have tried Ashaway towel grip recently and found that the big problem is durability - it's excellent for a while and then drops to dreadful in no time (there's no gradual decline like with synthetics).

    Whence:

    BRAND: Karakal
    TYPE: PU Super Grip
    COLOUR: Fluorescent pink (yes, fluorescent pink)
    THICKNESS: Thick - no way to avoid it, just have to pare the existing grip right down to accommodate it, as my preferred size is YY G4
    RACKET USED: SOTX Woven 7
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Depends on the existing grip - over, usually
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No - takes some head weight out of the racket, and mine balance at 297 exactly

    Btw - Dan, it's a real shame the Karakal PU Super is so rare and expensive in the US - we're practically tripping over them in the UK. They're not cheap, though, unless you get the off ebay.
    Well this brand is quite thin... Unless if you like it REALLY thin... Ummm yeah it's quite expensive... For three it's like $AU 10 or so... Do you like thick grips or thin grips? As in overall?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pg, Malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    for my personal preference, i always use 2 layers of grip....the base layer will be the normal synthetic grip, a thin one. After that, i will use a towel grip on top of the synthetic grip. So that gives me a slightly thick grip and i prefer that...gives me the confidence that the racket will not slip and also i feel i can hit it with more power using bigger grip...

    BRAND: Yonex
    TYPE: Towel
    COLOUR:Red
    THICKNESS: unknown
    RACKET USED: AT700, Proace N70
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Over? New means only 1 layer of grip?
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? : Yes

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Replacement Grip
    Brand: Karakal
    Type: SUPER PU
    Colour: ANY
    Thickness: THICK
    Racket USED: PW12, Woven 10, Cab 21
    Over till the shaft? stop at the end of cone.

    OverGrip
    Brand: Prince
    Type: Duratec
    Colour: BLACK
    Thickness: thin
    Raket used: same as above
    Overgrip
    Wrap over the shaft

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    vietnam
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why the big problem buying Karakal grips in the U.S.??? No dealers there or what??? We have the distributor here in Ho Chi Minh so it is easy to get anything from Karakal...Where do you buy from if you dont have a dealer???

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    pakistan
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BRAND:yonex
    TYPE:towel
    COLOUR:black
    THICKNESS:thick
    RACKET USED:Hiqua YI802
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIPvergrip
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT?nope hate it

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pg, Malaysia
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what's the meaning of overgrip?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    vietnam
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevyeoh View Post
    what's the meaning of overgrip?
    Thin grip usually about .06--.75mm and goes on over the existing grip...

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lion City
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BRAND: Toalson
    TYPE:Synthetic
    COLOUR:No preference
    THICKNESS:very thin
    RACKET USED:SW31/32, Tetracross 700, Woven 16, PW11
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP:Over
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? : as per factory grip

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BRAND: X-B-Born
    TYPE: Towelgrip
    COLOUR: Red, Orange, white, black, mint-green, lightblue and darkblue
    THICKNESS: Depends on the colour, I get used to both, no issue...
    RACKET USED: Woven 7
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: towel
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT?: offcourse (on some, 2/3 out of 4..It looks silly in singles...)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    : 02-29-2012, 06:17 AM
  2. Towel grip vs synthetic grip
    By LD rules! in forum Grip
    Replies: 6
    : 05-28-2009, 09:55 PM
  3. Towel or Synthetic?
    By Stalker in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 11-01-2002, 02:35 AM
  4. towel grip or synthetic grip?
    By kwun in forum Jonas Rasmussen Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 08-29-2002, 08:26 AM
  5. towel grip or synthetic grip?
    By kwun in forum Jonas Rasmussen Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 08-29-2002, 08:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •