User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai View Post
    I will follow whatever you say because you have the gift if you have a Kawasaki racket that is not broken YET...sorry but I just couldnt resist...
    Hehe..i've heard that kawasaki seems to be so easy to be broken.But my kawasaki has been through some clashes n still survive until today.So does some of my friends who r using kawasaki rackets as well.About 3 stars to 4 stars kawasaki racket will do good,as far as i concern.I've seen more of yonex rackets broken in my place,while in fact,not many ppl using it.Lesser than numbers of ppl using kawasaki.I've seen with my own eyes 3U AT700 old n new broken in my university court.One AT700 new because it clashed.But the one that he clashed with,i think it's a hi-qua or a flex pro middle end racket,were still ok.Another one,AT700 old just broke by itself..on the 12 o'clock position.Hehe..looks like we got different opinion huh?

Why?U got any bad experience with kawasaki rackets?
    Last edited by Smichz; 04-22-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevyeoh View Post
    what's the meaning of overgrip?
    Overgrips are thin enough to be put onto an existing grip without pushing it into the next size category; replacement grips will increase the grip size this much if you put it on top of your existing grip (hence "replacement". Also, replacement grips are almost always self-adhesive, while overgrips are more often not. One of the best overgrips of all time, the Karakal Peachy, is only 0.6mm thick and has no adhesive backing, so it needs to go on top of a tacky existing grip.

Do you like thick grips or thin grips? As in overall?
    Given the choice between 10 thin layers and two thick ones, I would take two thick ones, as the thicker grips tend to be softer and conform to the different shot grips (smash, backhand drive etc) and reduce vibrations - a succession of thin layers will feel quite hard and will jar when you mishit.

My grip size is exactly 4 inches these days, which looks like a pencil compared to the other players at my club. I am by far the biggest player there and I can barely get my hand around some of their rackets - it's like trying to grab hold of a Pringle tube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use all types

Towel Grip:
    BRAND: Yonex
    TYPE: Towel AC402EX
    COLOUR: Any
    THICKNESS: 1.35mm
    RACKET USED: NS9K-X, CAB30MS, Iso Tour 800
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No

Replacement Grip (Synthetic):
    BRAND: Klip
    TYPE: Synthetic (Phyton R1)
    THICKNESS: ???
    RACKET USED: NS9K-S
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No

Overgrip (Synthetic):
    BRAND: Yonex
    TYPE: Synthetic (AC102 SuperGrap)
    THICKNESS: 0.6 mm
    RACKET USED: NS9K-X, CAB30MS
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the big problem buying Karakal grips in the U.S.??? No dealers there or what??? We have the distributor here in Ho Chi Minh so it is easy to get anything from Karakal...Where do you buy from if you dont have a dealer???
    I don't know. None of the stores in my area carried any Karakal products. I bought my Karakal grips from squashgear.com. Shipping was really quick and the shipping charges were relatively low compared to other sites I saw. I haven't tried them out yet though.

Overgrip (Synthetic):
    BRAND: Volkl
    TYPE: Super Grip II
    COLOUR: Black
    THICKNESS: medium
    RACKET USED: Woven 7, Powerblade Tour
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No
    Last edited by weinsteinium; 04-22-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: didn't use the requested format

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    I don't know. None of the stores in my area carried any Karakal products. I bought my Karakal grips from squashgear.com. Shipping was really quick and the shipping charges were relatively low compared to other sites I saw. I haven't tried them out yet though.

Overgrip (Synthetic):
    BRAND: Volkl
    TYPE: Super Grip II
    COLOUR: Black
    THICKNESS: medium
    RACKET USED: Woven 7, Powerblade Tour
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No
    I saw where Dinkalot bought his Karakal grips from Gia Dinh Sports in Vietnam and they are in same city with me but I can not buy direct from them...we are paying 1.50usd for PU super grip....How much did you have to pay???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRAND: Carlton
    TYPE: synthetic
    COLOUR: grey
    THICKNESS: tried both the thick and thin
    RACKET USED:Yonex, Carlton
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: overgrip
    OVER TILL THE SHAFTBRAND: half way up the cone

I have used the Yonex towel tape grip, I don't like it. I used to have a 'slip-on' towel grip, which is exactly like a condom, worked quite nice for that one, especially when you can take it off and wash it, but I don't know why they stopped making these type of towel grips a long time ago.

I do not have sweaty hands, so I don't actually need ultra absorbing grips. I used to use Tourna grip, but they get worn extremely fast and they are a tad too thin. I also have leather grip on my old Aerotus rackets, they are slippery but give you an extremely tactile feel when hitting the shuttle.

I guess I have pretty much tried most type of grips myself over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw where Dinkalot bought his Karakal grips from Gia Dinh Sports in Vietnam and they are in same city with me but I can not buy direct from them...we are paying 1.50usd for PU super grip....How much did you have to pay???
    PU Super grip was $3.49 + shipping. Shipping was $3.95. So um, $7.44 if I wanted to buy just one

But I bought a 3-pack of Karakal Point 75 also so I spent $13 for both of them.

And if I wanted 24 PU Super grips I would only pay $77.99 with free shipping. That's $3.25 each which is much more reasonable, but still double what you are paying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    PU Super grip was $3.49 + shipping. Shipping was $3.95. So um, $7.44 if I wanted to buy just one

But I bought a 3-pack of Karakal Point 75 also so I spent $13 for both of them.

And if I wanted 24 PU Super grips I would only pay $77.99 with free shipping. That's $3.25 each which is much more reasonable, but still double what you are paying.
    Even though we cant buy from the distributor we are still getting them quite cheap....I saw a post by another guy in Vietnam that ordered with a friend of his in Phillipines and they got the grips for I think 1.25usd...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Karakal really that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingkiller48 View Post
    YES...I have had them last for 4 months on backup/practice racket and fianally discarded them because of looks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRAND: Yehlex
    TYPE: Towel
    COLOUR: Light Blue or Pink
    THICKNESS: Thin
    RACKET USED: Yehlex nano 9900
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: On the wood
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? Nope - like Lin Dans only half way up wood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingkiller48 View Post
    Yep. I have a pu tribal grip (looks great). It is not tacky as such but it certainly doesnt slip. It lasts a long time (my last one lasted about 2 months with about 9-10 hours of play a week before i changed it). I got the orange and the one problem i found is that after about 3-4 weeks it can look quite dirty so i would suggest getting a black one. I also use a black pu super grip which is much more 'tacky' but absorption wasnt as good for me. If you are a control player then i would suggest the Kushy grip. It is very thick and well cushioned and it seems to be lasting very well. There are loads of different looking pu grips to choose from karakal but i would suggest get a solid colour because these grips last AGES and it can look strange if you can only see the dirt on some parts of the grip. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What will be the thickness of a Yonex on bare wood G5 with a Yonex AC402EX?

G5 is a bit small for me. I was wondering, what grip size will I get if I put on a Yonex AC402EX (Towel Grip)? Would it give me something like a G4 thickness or even something a G3.5-ish? Thank you!

I wish to hear some help from all of you. One thing to consider also, I have really sweaty hands and I would like to try the towel grip and use the grip powder.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRAND: Kawasaki
    TYPE: Synthetic
    COLOUR: Match closest to racket
    THICKNESS: Thick
    RACKET USED: Various
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: New Grip. Reference is Yonex G4, but in case of G5, thin overgrip as first layer to correct diameter and thick grip on top of it.
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No, but sometimes when I don't have scissors, it will be.

Yonex rackets will deliver their rackets with the plastic around the grip. I don't remove them to prevent the overgrip sticking on the original grip. But you have to get it real tight, or it will slip.
    Last edited by CarbonexFan; 09-28-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRAND: Karakal
    TYPE: PU Super
    COLOUR: Flourescent Pink
    THICKNESS: Thick
    RACKET USED: Victor Bravesword 169
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Replacement grip
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? (e.g. Sigit Budiarto's Grip): No

I really like the PU Super Grips, nice and comfortable and cheap (bought a box of 24 for 33). I also have some PU (not Super) grips that came with a racquet purchase, they're also not bad but not as durable.

Only downside of the PU Super grips is that they are very long (they are suitable for squash and tennis racquets too) and I wrap with little overlap so it is essential to have scissors!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, thought grips type and thickness is for FEEL, COMFORT? would esp. grip thickness affect racket balance????

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRAND: No brand
    TYPE: Selfmade towel grip
    COLOUR: Rose, white or Yellow
    THICKNESS: Thin
    RACKET USED: SW35, BS10, MX80
    OVERGRIP or NEW GRIP: Direct on wood
    OVER TILL THE SHAFT? No!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast