Racket Help Please!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by redbrick, Apr 21, 2008.

1. redbrick

redbrick New Member

Student
    I played for my county in England at untill I went to University when I stopped playing. I've been playing since finishing uni for the last 6 months and have started to play a good club standard again. For the last 7 years I have been using a Browning Big Gun Interceptor but it has sadly broke.

A couple of years ago I would have known exactly what type of racket to buy and string tension etc. but now I'm not sure what to use. I'm an attacking player and now play 70% levels and 30% mixed. I like to keep my strings tight and rely on being a rugby player for power.

I have used an MP 23 & 24 and an Armortec 800 as spares but didn't really like them (I also found out they were about an inch longer than my Browning?)

I'm not loyal to any brands in particular but have always used an isometric style head and have about £70 / $140. Any reccomendations or advice you guys could make would be great!

2. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Being from England you have perfect chance to try the Karakal M-Tec rackets...I have never had such a strong racket that still has the power and control of the Karakal...they are based in England so you should be able to try one first...I paid 80usd for my Karakal 80 and would not trade it for any other 2 rackets including Yonex...But give me 3 and now we are talking:D

3. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

I canf ully recommend Sotx, they have a UK dealer too, something like the Woven 7 or 9 perhaps? strung with BG80's

4. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    Go to Carlton or RSL. So many series type to choose regarding to our playing style.