User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I have been suffering since Monday with severe elbow pains, it is way too sore to clear or even smash the shuttle, so I have had to resort to playing ngled drop shots. On Friday I was playing doubles with my AT900t (4u) and found that when waiting to recieve serve, my arm was struggling to hold the racket.
    I am presuming this is tennis elbow, any ideas as too how to cure the pain quickly (within a week or two) I don't want to stop playing, and I have tournaments coming up within the next month, that I want to be injury free from.
    Also does the arm supports work ?
    You need to take this seriously. The longer you wait before getting proper treatment, the more damage you're doing to the tendon in your arm, and the longer it will take to recover. If you don't rest now, you might find later that you have to stop playing for several months.

My suggestion is to find a good physiotherapist who knows something about sports medicine. Go to your doctor and ask them to recommend someone. And don't pick up a racquet again until you've seen a medical professional and asked their advice.

Good luck with this, let us know how it goes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexh View Post
    You need to take this seriously. The longer you wait before getting proper treatment, the more damage you're doing to the tendon in your arm, and the longer it will take to recover. If you don't rest now, you might find later that you have to stop playing for several months.

My suggestion is to find a good physiotherapist who knows something about sports medicine. Go to your doctor and ask them to recommend someone. And don't pick up a racquet again until you've seen a medical professional and asked their advice.

Good luck with this, let us know how it goes.
    Well I have rested it since Friday and am planning on playing tomorrow with the intention to see the doctor on Thursday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Well I have rested it since Friday and am planning on playing tomorrow with the intention to see the doctor on Thursday
    Its better you keep from playing until properly diagnosed. maybe you wont feel any pain, or it wont be as bad, but that is only a temporary solution. Chances are playing tomorrow will aggravate it, or even escalate the problems you have. Losing 2 weeks may seem bad, but, seeing as you want to play in that tournament, you should think about total rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm suffering from the tennis elbow too.. stretching exercises shown earlier and some forearm lifting helps... i couldn't find the micosamine the guy was talking about earlier though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I use a special dough to train my arm n elbow muscle to rehabilitate my tennis elbow. Of course the right physiotherapist is also important. Feel free to message me as I m willing to share my experience about my tennis elbow injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try to take supplement called NARCOX, from belgium, can help you to get rid of inflamation real fast, but its not painkiller

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Sometimes what you think is tennis elbow is actually something completely different and yet the symptoms are the same. This is where the pain is "referred" from other areas like the neck or shoulder.

As with any injury you need to treat it right. Certainly rest is useful to allow some repair. After this here's what i would do...

1) increase grip size until you find what works for you
    2) reduce your string tension. From reading on this forum and others, players overall are stringing their racquets far too tight for their standard. Put your ego aside. If you're an intermediate club/league standard, having a racquet strung at 25-30lbs is causing damage to your body because you are not playing at the level where you "middle" the hit consistently enough. Lower your tensions gradually by no more than 2lbs until you find a happy medium.
    3) if you play with plastic shuttles, try feathers. Plastic shuttles combined with high tensions have caused more injuries in players than anything else.

Hope this helps
    This is, I believe, the most significant of the replies posted above. I think racquet weight, grip size, and string tension are the important factors, out of which string tension is the most important one.

Tennis elbow is just the inflammation of origin of muscles, tendons and bone at the outer elbow caused due to abnormal pressure. This is reduced if you alter the pressures (mostly stringing, grip size). Its more of a trial and error and you need to judge what suits you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give this a try: Name:  tenniselbow.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  42.3 KB.

You can buy Skinetex Kinesiology Tape online here: http://www.yumo.ca/shop/product-category/skinetex/
    or
    http://maxsports.ca/store/skinetex-k...pe-5m-roll.htm

I have been suffering from tennis elbow for a long time from all the training and competing. This really helped me a lot especially when my tennis elbow started flaring up a few hours before competition. One strip of tape stretched down the forearm and I'm pain free to play. Here's a picture of me with that exact application for tennis elbow: Name:  189986_150376818356656_8276465_n-e1344459184363.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  80.3 KB

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derrickn View Post
    ... Here's a picture of me with that exact application for tennis elbow: Name:  189986_150376818356656_8276465_n-e1344459184363.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  80.3 KB
    .... and for shin splints and for vastus medialis pain.
    International sports is obviously a tough business.
    Thanks for the info on KT. And thanks to the Ng bros. for representing Canada so well!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3