User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do you need a new racquet?

Voters
1735. You may not vote on this poll
  • Broke your current racquet

214 12.33%
  • Just wanted to get the latest cool racquet

195 11.24%
  • Add to your collection of racquets

133 7.67%
  • It's a classic, I must have it!!!!!!!

43 2.48%
  • Need a back-up

225 12.97%
  • Impulse buy!!!!!!!!

133 7.67%
  • The racquet was made for me so I must have another just in case I break my first

104 5.99%
  • Curious to try a racquet everyone was talking about

215 12.39%
  • A little of everything mentioned

473 27.26%
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i hope you are spending money that you earned yourself!
    Of course... I think one of the reasons I spend so much money is that I'm compensating... first for a poor childhood and second because of my two kids (which I do love very much) I have very little time to actually PLAY with all my toys but do have the time to spend on the internet to BUY new toys...

For my RC's I have a few hours each night after the kids are in bed so I build them but never have time to run them (helicopters, trucks, snowcats, cars... etc.) I play a lot of computer games too. Basically, anything that I can do at home without going out. I also work long hours, especially in the summer, as I'm a project manager (have my civil engineering degree) for a construction company.

What I'm really scared of is when our mortgage is paid off in a few years we'll have even more disposible income...

Here's a full picture of the wall that you can kind of see behind the stringing machine and a picture of my computer (I use a 40" TV as my monitor).

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  70.4 KBName:  user16667_pic113_1286511041.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  80.4 KB
    Last edited by druss; 03-18-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    Of course... I think one of the reasons I spend so much money is that I'm compensating... first for a poor childhood and second because of my two kids (which I do love very much) I have very little time to actually PLAY with all my toys but do have the time to spend on the internet to BUY new toys...

For my RC's I have a few hours each night after the kids are in bed so I build them but never have time to run them (helicopters, trucks, snowcats, cars... etc.) I play a lot of computer games too. Basically, anything that I can do at home without going out. I also work long hours, especially in the summer, as I'm a project manager (have my civil engineering degree) for a construction company.

What I'm really scared of is when our mortgage is paid off in a few years we'll have even more disposible income...
    Do you let the kids play with the RC's? Or are they too small?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you should try to change your hobby.. investment!
    buy some houses / flats
    and rent it to students / professionals
    after that use the money you get from renting the house / flat to buy another badminton rackets
    Last edited by Avenger; 03-18-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    Do you let the kids play with the RC's? Or are they too small?
    My son has his own 1/16 size (he's 4) monster trucks. I have my 1/10 and 1/8 size. He hasn't quite got the hang of doing both throttle and steering at the same time but he's learning fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    you should try to change your hobby.. investment!
    buy some houses / flat
    and rent it to student
    after that use the money you get from renting the house to buy another badminton rackets
    The market right now is not great but we might think of it when ours is paid off. Doubt I would rent to students though, I remember what we used to do to our places....
    Last edited by druss; 03-18-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son has his own 1/16 size (he's 4) monster trucks. I have my 1/10 and 1/8 size. He hasn't quite got the hang of doing both throttle and steering at the same time but he's learning fast.
    Hehe, I guess it's fun for a kid to have a dad like you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do i need new racquet/s ?? ummm.. my hand is itchy now.... lol....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    15? you young jedi...
    LOL, did a recount and with the 3 I just ordered (2 VT80s 1x3U, 1x4U and 8DX) I'll be up to 22. I think I'll probably stop at 30 or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    Hehe, I guess it's fun for a kid to have a dad like you.
    It's more like he's just reaping the benefits of me having a second childhood. I'm making up for a poor childhood and also figure that I work hard for the money I earn and I want to enjoy it now while I can, not when I'm 50/60....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, did a recount and with the 3 I just ordered (2 VT80s 1x3U, 1x4U and 8DX) I'll be up to 22. I think I'll probably stop at 30 or so...

It's more like he's just reaping the benefits of me having a second childhood. I'm making up for a poor childhood and also figure that I work hard for the money I earn and I want to enjoy it now while I can, not when I'm 50/60....

By the time you hit 300 you'd still be clamoring for more because there are more and more newer stuffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    By the time you hit 300 you'd still be clamoring for more because there are more and more newer stuffs.
    probably keep buying but will also start selling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a new racket because I smashed my old racket on the ground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    I need a new racket because I smashed my old racket on the ground
    Hope you didn't smash one of those classics, like: TC700; AT700; Woven 16; Lining N90; Ti-10...what else.

As for me, after getting a consistent beating from the guy opposite, I think since his racket is the newer kind, it must be the racket not the baddy that makes me lose. Denial stage. Then, acceptance. If I can't beat him, might as well use his rackets to see for myself if things can be turned over in my favor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Druss, want to sell me some rackets? Lol. After an X80 or VT80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think curiosity is why i look at new rackets... im in a position to get my 3rd z slash.. but the fuss people make about this new vt80 makes me curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Druss, want to sell me some rackets? Lol. After an X80 or VT80
    LOL, don't have my VT80's yet so have no idea whether i'd like it. As for the MX80, still waiting for a Canadian retailer to get it in stock.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL, don't have my VT80's yet so have no idea whether i'd like it. As for the MX80, still waiting for a Canadian retailer to get it in stock.
    why wait when eric has several 3u's and he can ship it to you strung up free by next week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    why wait when eric has several 3u's and he can ship it to you strung up free by next week?
    Actually.... I did, 2 in fact (1 3U and 1 4U)... The reason is because the free string and 10 free grips per racket. My canadian guy was $25 more per racket and no free string or grip. As I string myself, eric even threw in 2 more free string for the labor savings.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually.... I did, 2 in fact (1 3U and 1 4U)... The reason is because the free string and 10 free grips per racket. My canadian guy was $25 more per racket and no free string or grip. As I string myself, eric even threw in 2 more free string for the labor savings.
    haha! you probably ordered the same time as me a few hrs ago when Maklike posted the info!
    i'm ordered *only* 1 3u

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast