Looking for people to play with in Ottawa!

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by MaterialBalance, Apr 22, 2008.

1. MaterialBalance

MaterialBalance New Member

HEY!

I'm a first-year chemical engineering student from the University of Waterloo and I'll be doing my co-op term in Ottawa this summer for Natural Resources Canada. I was wondering if anyone was interested in playing with me or showing me around where to play badminton and stuff? I'm not amazing but I'm pretty decent I would say, as I've been playing for 4-5 years now.

2. B Kwok

B Kwok Regular Member

Student
    Hi there, I would suggest getting a summer membership at the RA centre. It's got one of the best courts in Canada and a bunch of university students go there during the summer. Quite a few Waterloo students as well. There are also many community clubs in the Ottawa area. Where will you be staying? If you check out www.badmintonottawa.com to see all the clubs. If you are looking for some training, I would suggest Soong Badminton Academy. But check out the website and see what would fit you. Although I just realized that many of the clubs are closed for the summer except the RA and Capital badminton club. Have fun in Ottawa.

3. mimy_2001

mimy_2001 New Member

Software Engineer
    There's only two summer clubs running plus some community centres for drop ins. One is RA as mentioned above by B Kwok and the other is the Capital summer club. There are guest passes or you can drop in as a guest almost any night for $6. http://www.badmintonottawa.com/Capital-Summer/ Here's the website for more details. If you want to come I can show u around, I've only been playing for a year and a bit...but I can show u around capital sumemr club since this is my regular club. You can contact me if you want at mimy_carleton@hotmail.com.