AT700 from wingeesports - fake?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by richsaccount, Apr 22, 2008.

1. richsaccount

richsaccount Regular Member

well i bought an at700 from wingeesports and when i got it, i inspected it and it looked like the real deal to me but then i look at the sticker stating the grip size and racquet weight and see, 9.0-11.0 kg. im pretty sure authentic yonexs wouldnt make a careless mistake such as this and it sure did not feel like 9-11 kg.

Attached Files:

2. JonYKN

JonYKN Regular Member

9.0 ~11.0kg is the recommended string tension in kilograms, 20~25 is the equivalent tension in pounds >> thats not the racquet's weight

3. richsaccount

no way... i have a yonex mp21 and it says 80-89 g for the 3u version.

4. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Yes, this is the recommended tension in lbs and kgs. I would suggest doing due dilegence before jumping to conclusions.

Yonex specifies weight in terms of U specification i.e. 3U, 4U, 2U.

5. richsaccount

wow am i embarassed... i guess its my mp21 thats fake.

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

That's strange.. does it say so on the shaft ?

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    3U is actually 85-89g.

8. b_joey

b_joey New Member

hey buddy. I bought a AT700 from them too and no worries, I found out this is just a matter that some sort of special racquet made for national players in national team only. They made it a little different so they can be classified right away. I took mine to different places (reputated stores which sell real yonex racquets) and asked about whether the racquet is a fake one and they said it looks a bit awakward on the sticker but apart them that they can't tell anything wrong or any signs that show this is a fake racquet. At the same time, I emailed wingeesports about this issue, and they told me the same thing. I've used this racquet for over a month and without looking at the info on the sticker, nobody can tell it has any different than any other AT700. In conclusion, I believe it is a real racquet.

9. b_joey

b_joey New Member

Apart from this, I've a friend playing in national team and I asked him about this. He took a picture of his racquet and showed me. It appears exactly like mine and yours (the pic posted in this entry). Well, my friend didn't really notice that until I brought this up too. Anyhow, I questioned about the source of his racquet, he told me it is a sponsor racquet from Sunrise. I guess you don't have to worry anymore. I have a witness with picture of his racquet showing the same thing as well as mine. My friend even said if his racquet is a fake one, then the whole national team are using fake racquets. Haha, in this case I think we both don't need to worry. We are using the same racquets as national team!