How much did you spend on training/coaching?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BadFever, Apr 22, 2008.

1. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Was reading through skyjohnny1's post and he claimed to have spent $3K on coaching. (Not sure if I should :eek: or :cool:)

So, out of curiousity(if you don't mind), I was wondering what other BCers have spent on their coaching/s.

Care to answer the followings,
    1) How much did you spend on coaching?
    2) What did you initially plan to achieve when taking up coaching?
    3) Did you achieve your goal?

As for me, I have never spent anything on coaching. I guess that's the advantage of growing up in Malaysia with many badminton buddies. As long as I can hit the shuttle from one end to the other, that's good enough for me. ;) But most importantly, I never thought about playing badminton at a competitive level. I used to join competitions just to support my favourite sport and meet more friends. :)

Having said that, nowadays, I spend a lot on rackets and other badminton equipments. :eek::eek::eek::eek: I need to go on rehabilitation soon. :p

2. saifii

saifii Regular Member

nothing. i have playing with really good palyers. thats it

3. kubuk

kubuk Regular Member

Student
    I live in Malaysia too. But anyways, I still go for coaching

1) How much did you spend on coaching?
    I donno. Probably close to Rm400+

2) What did you initially plan to achieve when taking up coaching?
    Actually, I have no plans. I went to training for the sake of fun. For the sake of seeing my friends. But now, the only plan I have is to get into SBA (Sarawak Badminton Association).

3) Did you achieve your goal?
    If you are talking about the seeing friends thing.. I did. But not into SBA.

4. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

1) $0 watching other players/youtube

2) learn the correct footwork and technique if i intend to take up lessons

5. delmonk

delmonk Regular Member

software engineer
    I've played for like 5 years, but didn't train until over a year ago.

1. Once a week for 30 dollar, not including transportation and club entry. Do the math.
    2. Improve, and a excuse to get out of the house for exercise. Running on the treadmill is so boring.
    3. My strokes are way more consistent, especially strokes that I rarely got to practice and use like backhand. I sometimes hit some crazy shots and find myself jump smashing when I couldn't before I started, but I still have the weakness that if the pace gets too quick technique breaks down and I'll make mistakes, but I think that has more to do with my fitness level than anything else. I could always take it to the next level and start going to the gym again and diet eating 5-6 meals a day but thats another story.

6. daddxd

daddxd Regular Member

So far not, but I do plan to get a coaching. Price and coach's level are my main concerns. I know my footwork and net play are my key weakness, they will be my focus if I get a coaching later. Right now I am focusing on improving the strength of my ankles and knees in gym. I believe it will benefit my future training under a coach.

Do you think a group class under a coach is almost nothing, comparing with private coaching?