User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, BCL led TH 3:1 before 2006.

Then in 2006 TH beated BCL 3 times in a row. Then in 2007 BCL beated TH 3 times in a row.

So I think starting 2006, TH does not has problem playing BCL anymore, meaning TH knows what he should do to play BCL, the question is: Does he have the ability to carry out his plan?

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    TH usually has problem playing Bao. The last 2 matches have been rubber though, with TH winning the 1st and losing the rest. It'll be interesting to see what he can do IF his stamina is improved.

Besides, there's always the crazy INA fans factor .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO that is definitely a losing line-up. Remember how Simon toyed CY in Swiss 07? Simon definitely improved in the past year, while CY IMHO stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    I guess CHN will field CJ in Ms 2 and CY in MS 3 while facing INA....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    IMHO that is definitely a losing line-up. Remember how Simon toyed CY in Swiss 07? Simon definitely improved in the past year, while CY IMHO stayed the same.
    But CJ will be a better bet to play against TH compare with Bao who is mentally weak...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. IMHO BCL is a better player than CJ and don't forget after 2006, CJ is the only one among the Chinese top 3 that has been beaten by TH (2007 INA Open, 1st round, CJ lost 9:21 in the 1st game and was again totally outplayed in the 3rd -- TH reached match point 20:11 if I remember correctly).

I think in this Thomas Cup BCL vs. TH is 50:50 while CJ vs. TH is 45:55.

But CJ will be a better bet to play against TH compare with Bao who is mentally weak...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess CHN will field CJ in Ms 2 and CY in MS 3 while facing INA....
    In that case we'll steal the game from Chen Yu...I mean Andre can beat Chen Yu and I think Simon can beat him as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Thomas and Uber Team...

I think Thomas team is strong enough and has the chance to win..

And Uber team needs to play all out and just be cool..

Senayan...i'm coming...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting line-up. It is surprising, but INA is known for their resourcefulness when it comes to team tournament. Candra-factor will be the greatest factor. Like somebody mentions before, any pair with Candra in it makes a fearsome pair. He is truly the most dangerous double player today. Well, I'm sure Indonesian officials have something up their sleeves. Coaches have lots of things to consider so let's not judge them just yet. They are like generals and generals don't tell their troops everything, do they? Just one quotation: You have to deceive your friends before you can deceive the enemy. As history has written in the past, Indonesian officials are master of the game when it comes to this. So, let's sit back, enjoy the tournament and cheers hard for our country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eerrmm..

Quote Originally Posted by byelnats View Post
    Candra-factor will be the greatest factor. Like somebody mentions before, any pair with Candra in it makes a fearsome pair. He is truly the most dangerous double player today.
    ..did you watch or follow last yr's Sudirman Cup tourney??..Do you know what happened when INA faced CHN in the Finals??..
    As far as Candra "being the most dangerous doubles players today", ehm, if that's for MD or even XD, i think one has to look at what Mr. Lee Yong Dae (or a few BCers who like to call him sunDAE Lee) has done recently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..did you watch or follow last yr's Sudirman Cup tourney??..Do you know what happened when INA faced CHN in the Finals??..
    As far as Candra "being the most dangerous doubles players today", ehm, if that's for MD or even XD, i think one has to look at what Mr. Lee Yong Dae (or a few BCers who like to call him sunDAE Lee) has done recently.
    chandra had exhausted after playing againts eng pair, it would be different if chandra/markis met cai/fu first

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Candra Wijaya/Markis Kido beat Anthony Clark/Robert Blair the previous night to secure the all-important 3rd pt in the last tie (which stretched to past midnight HKG time if I remembered correctly) that guaranteed the final spot? That's a vital pt for Team INA and Candra's contribution was massive! Remember that Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan lost 2 consecutive times against Clark/Blair before the SF matchup. That's the reason why the coaches decided not to field Kido/Hendra.

Candra/Kido only lost to the faster and more attack-oriented Fu/Cai, nothing ashamed about that. Kido/Hendra could have lost too if they were played. I would say that pairing up Candra with any players certainly will add an element of unpredictability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well..

Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    chandra had exhausted after playing againts eng pair, it would be different if chandra/markis met cai/fu first
    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Didn't Candra Wijaya/Markis Kido beat Anthony Clark/Robert Blair the previous night to secure the all-important 3rd pt in the last tie (which stretched to past midnight HKG time if I remembered correctly) that guaranteed the final spot? That's a vital pt for Team INA and Candra's contribution was massive! Remember that Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan lost 2 consecutive times against Clark/Blair before the SF matchup. That's the reason why the coaches decided not to field Kido/Hendra.

Candra/Kido only lost to the faster and more attack-oriented Fu/Cai, nothing ashamed about that. Kido/Hendra could have lost too if they were played. I would say that pairing up Candra with any players certainly will add an element of unpredictability.
    ...exhausted or not or playing against a faster and more attack-oriented pair or not, that's the reality with having the current Candra...His prime time had passed..
    ...Candra's presence could probably add an element of surprise or unpredictability, but i don't think any "current" pairing (w/him) will be a "fearsome" pair; or him being "the most dangerous doubles player today" (as byelnats mentioned)....If it was, say, 6-7 yrs ago, then yeah, i would probably say so (him and Tony)...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-06-2008 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...exhausted or not or playing against a faster and more attack-oriented pair or not, that's the reality with having the current Candra...His prime time has passed..
    ...Candra's presence could probably add an element of surprise or unpredictability, but i don't think the pairing (w/him) will be a "fearsome" pair; or him being "the most dangerous doubles player today" (as byelnats mentioned)....If it was, say, 6-7 yrs ago, then yeah, i would probably say so (him and Tony)...
    Although I agree that his prime time has certainly passed, Candra Wijaya's spirit and presence in the team will definitely be an added bonus. I may not agree with his partnership with Nova Widianto, but, they have proven that they can beat Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man in the SF and nearly stole the second set in the Final match against Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae, if not for the sudden surge of points late in the game.

Let's consider who Candra might face in the Thomas Cup matches as a potential MD2:
    vs Malaysia -- stand a chance against either of the 3 pairs.
    vs Denmark -- Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen or Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (definitely beatable)
    vs Korea -- Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man (beat them before as mentioned above)
    vs China -- Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo (high chance of winning against them, compared to Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well..

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Although I agree that his prime time has certainly passed, Candra Wijaya's spirit and presence in the team will definitely be an added bonus. I may not agree with his partnership with Nova Widianto, but, they have proven that they can beat Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man in the SF and nearly stole the second set in the Final match against Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae, if not for the sudden surge of points late in the game.

Let's consider who Candra might face in the Thomas Cup matches as a potential MD2:
    vs Malaysia -- stand a chance against either of the 3 pairs.
    vs Denmark -- Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen or Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (definitely beatable)
    vs Korea -- Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man (beat them before as mentioned above)
    vs China -- Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo (high chance of winning against them, compared to Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi)
    ..Candra was present with the INA Sudirman Cup team, last yr, in body, spirit and mind and yet, they still lost...
    He and Nova might've beaten LJJ & HJM in that recent match, but we'll see what will happen if both pairs may meet again in the TC. There's no guarantee Nova and Candra can repeat the same success, considering the KOR pairs definitely won't be sitting all day at home and day-dream about their possible matches.

In this type of group/team matches, Candra and whoever the coaches pair him up with for the 2nd MD, if the coaches decide to use Candra, may stand a chance against those possible pairs. After all, they're paired up against the 2nd ranked pairs.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-06-2008 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..Candra was present with the INA Sudirman Cup team, last yr, in body, spirit and mind and yet, they still lost...
    He and Nova might've beaten LJJ & HJM in that recent match, but we'll see what will happen if both pairs may meet again in the TC. There's no guarantee Nova and Candra can repeat the same success, considering the KOR pairs definitely won't be sitting all day at home and day-dream about their possible matches.

In this type of group/team matches, Candra and whoever the coaches pair him up with for the 2nd MD, if the coaches decide to use Candra, may stand a chance against those possible pairs. After all, they're paired up against the 2nd ranked pairs.
    It's very funny to read all comments from ctjcad about Candra and his presence in INA Thomas Cup Team. I don't want to make any comments.

Candra is used as 'agent' to bond all players and he has proven his track in the last Sudirman Cup, yes..Indonesia did not win the cup, everybody knows that but almost no one predict Indonesia can reach to the final.
    I think 'Candra' factor is apllied for INA Thomas Cup team based on the current condition:
    1. Luluk/Alvent: Although they are world's no 7 but their performances are not really promising and they have mental blocking (esp. Luluk) when their opponent can read their game. I think coaches do not have enough confidence to Luluk/Alvent to deliver a point.
    2. Joko/Gunawan: Young players and still struggling to stamp their name in world's mens double but they must be given enough exposure in big tournament.
    INA Team do not have many options if they want to depend on those two pairs.
    Candra and Nova are called to create more pair variations and I'm not surprise Candra will be paired with Joko or Gunawan as well.

It is gambling and very daring step to drop Luluk/Alvent from Thomas Cup team but decision must be made.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bugjan72 View Post
    Candra is used as 'agent' to bond all players and he has proven his track in the last Sudirman Cup, yes..Indonesia did not win the cup, everybody knows that but almost no one predict Indonesia can reach to the final.

2. Joko/Gunawan: Young players and still struggling to stamp their name in world's mens double but they must be given enough exposure in big tournament.
    Candra and Nova are called to create more pair variations and I'm not surprise Candra will be paired with Joko or Gunawan as well.
    Indeed, INA coaches knew that they had absolutely no chance of winning against China if they didn't take the mixed doubles because INA already had two "sure-lose" ties in WS and WD. It was commendable enough that Team INA was through to the Final, considering that they lost their first match against Korea in the group game

Of course, INA did lose the tie to China. Flashback to the Sudirman Cup Final, INA already had themselves in the backfoot with Flandy/Vita losing in a narrow match against Zheng/Gao. The second match was women's singles which was almost a walkover. The third match was Candra/Kido's match. Only a very optimistic guy will bet on the INA pair matching the in-form and reigning World Champion at that time (Fu/Cai won 2 straight SS titles). So, it was expected that the scratch pairing lost to the Chinese pair.

I wouldn't call Hendra AG/Joko Riyadi young since they are already past 23 yo, esp AG (26 this year).
    Last edited by badMania; 05-06-2008 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did u actually think pairing Candra with either Alvent or Kido or Hendra would stand a chance against Fu/Cai ???

Regardless of which pair INA used in that Final (Kido/Hendra or a combination of Alvent, Candra, or Hendra AG), the chance against the Chinese pair was at best 50-50

Don't forget, the target was to reach the Final, which they did. Anything beyond that will be a bonus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bugjan72 View Post
    It's very funny to read all comments from ctjcad about Candra and his presence in INA Thomas Cup Team. I don't want to make any comments.

I think 'Candra' factor is apllied for INA Thomas Cup team based on the current condition:
    1. Luluk/Alvent: Although they are world's no 7 but their performances are not really promising and they have mental blocking (esp. Luluk) when their opponent can read their game. I think coaches do not have enough confidence to Luluk/Alvent to deliver a point.

It is gambling and very daring step to drop Luluk/Alvent from Thomas Cup team but decision must be made.
    Agree...Nova/Candra have demonstrated their best performances even though their training for ABC only in a few days. Surely, INA team would ask them become 2nd MD in SF and F matches. Even no chance to Joko/Hendra or any other Candra's variations to play in INA's crucial matches...but I just worry about their stamina if all their matches take rubber...Anyway...INA MD TC skuad have good chance to take point...

yeep...lets support INA skuad and say INDONESIA BISA in commemoration of 100 years of Indonesian National Awakening Day on this May 20 (two days after TC/UC 2008 finish)...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast