looking for badminton partner

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by jazn54, Apr 25, 2008.

1. jazn54

jazn54 Regular Member

now that exams are over, are there any players out there who are on standby for some badminton?

2. ale2world

ale2world Regular Member

there's lots of badminton clubs available, I am sure you can find one fit you well.

Flying dragon, Lee's & Mandarin are the biggest commercial badminton club in GTA. Also check out

www.freebirdsgroup.com (Free Birds Group, none-profit)
    www.torontochinese.ca (Bill Wu's Toronto Chinese, business)

etc....

you will meet lots of players ....

3. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    yea, the torontochinese.ca one is decent i guess, if you're alone, bill will help you find a partner to play with...

and i finished exams too, and looking forward to more badminton, planning to join mandarin

4. jazn54

jazn54 Regular Member

yea I'm at the Willowdale badminton club but the season's just about wrapped up so I'm left to choose between the community centers and the badminton facilities for the summer. Well for anyone who's interested, our club is welcoming new members next season for $50. That's every Tuesday from September to June.

5. nummertwente

nummertwente Regular Member

any more info on this Willowdale club?

6. jazn54

jazn54 Regular Member

7. rikardo

rikardo Regular Member

I've played at Willowdale Club a few times when I was looking for a place to play in North York. Tuesday nights is a waste unless you're a beginner. Yes they do have 6 courts, but only because they are not proper size. I believe there is about 3 feet of length missing from each end of a court, so it's really short and therefore the lines are off as well. Fine if you can't normally hit baseline to baseline, but for intermediate and advanced players, there's no point playing there on Tuesday nights.

On Friday nights, they set up the courts lengthwise across the same gym so you get 3 regulation sized courts.

#7 rikardo, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  8. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

im up to play. 16 years old, in high school team, striving very aggressively to play better. unfourtunately, i do not have anyone that can bring me to clubs and show me how to get in and get some decent training. if you're interested, PM me, I dont get much practice from people i see.

If you're interested, I can also possibly do summer membership at mandarin or some other club.

9. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    i jus joined mandarin today, joined with some friends, but sometimes schedule conflicts and we cant meet up..
    so trying to look for new friends that i can play with at mandarin...
    dun like the idea of jus dropping in alone and hoping to find someone to play with....so hoping i can find someone before hand and then go
    phone number is 416 671 3388,

10. garry_pantja

garry_pantja Regular Member

student
    is your badminton club still accepting new members now jazn54? maybe I'm planning to join if it's still open. How do I pay for the membership then?

11. jazn54

jazn54 Regular Member

yea just come in tuesday at 8. entrance is from the back. the gym is right at the entrance. there are several sessions left though you should be able to join.