Carlton C-100s...

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by 1dotr, Apr 25, 2008.

1. 1dotr

1dotr Regular Member

I have just been playing badminton with a friend of mine who is an amateur of the highest order... I've played a lot more regularly than him and somehow I managed to lose against him in a game. We played with these dreadful Carlton C-100s Nylon Shuttlecocks which had a rubber or styrofoam base(the ones which u can squeeze)... the shuttlecock was (perhaps a little overplayed) so fast it was practically unreachable! I had to play ever so lightly for my serves and all he had to do was smack it to win! I'm really annoyed about this, has anyone had a similar experience playing with ridiculous shuttlecocks like this? (My friend could hit the shuttlecock from base line to base line (and beyond) with relative ease, is the shuttlecock far to quick??) :confused:

I also find it so hard to adjust between feathers and plastic within one badminton session! I kept missing the shuttles after switching from feathers to the terrible plastic! :(

#1 1dotr, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    This Nylon Shuttle..Is The Bottom Cork Thingy Yellow ?

3. ei8ht

ei8ht Regular Member

i think its because its only available in medium speed.. try another nylon shuttle with slow speed (usually green cap)..

4. 1dotr

1dotr Regular Member

YES! It is yellow and squeezable!

5. 1dotr

1dotr Regular Member

but doesnt the yellow rubber cork make it fast anyways? perhaps the nylon shuttles were a little battered...