ArcSaber 10 the best Yonex Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by skyjohnny1, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyjohnny1

skyjohnny1 Regular Member

college student
    :) wow, Arcsaber10 , it's so amazing. i have tried nano9000x, at900p, etc. but Arcsaber10 is the best.
    :cool:
    here's the what i found:

First, 3u arc10, 24lb, i tried other rackets with 28lb b4, compare to those 28lb racket, but this arc10 24lb has more power, i dont' know why.. much faster swing.
    Second, when i do clear and smash, i felt so good, i don't know how to explain this. i only use i little energy, but the bird fly much faster.

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Some people will agree with you, some will disagree. I disagree with you but each person has different preferences for rackets.

3. skyjohnny1

college student
    best vibration dampener

one more thing for Arcsaber10, i never feel vibrate while i don't hit the sweet spot.. wow, i think this is amazing too..compare to the other top yonex rackets, so much different, while others has a lot of vibration if u dont' hit the sweet spot...:)... i am thinking about buying one more Arc10 for my spare racket.

#3 skyjohnny1, Apr 26, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  4. SpendorK

SpendorK Regular Member

Me too but wait for new version. :):):)

5. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

because lower tensions give you more power... that may be why your 24lbs Arc10 seems to have more power.

6. Kenlsk75

Kenlsk75 Regular Member

Public Officer
    I have been using AT700 and just started ARC10.
    Few observations from my experience (AT700 strung at 25lbs abd ARC10 strung at 24lbs):
    1. ARC 10 being head lighter, but it delivers equal smashing power after I get tired. (for doubles game)
    2. AT700 is still the best for smashing for single game (esp during my 1st two games)

7. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Your 100% CORRECT.....but try to convince most people of this is useless waste of time..
    Only if your technique is good will you benefit from higher tension...Less tension also means less vibration...:D

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

yes, true. why can't everyone understand it !?

9. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    i agree with op.. the arc 10 is simply awesome.

10. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I find that one's ideal tension gives best power. I have more power with 24lbs than 22, my friend gets more power from 26 than 24, I'm sure LD gets more power from 30 than 25.

11. skyjohnny1

college student
    i have tried, nano9000x at 24 lb, 26lb, 28, lb(best power in this racket @ 28lb i felt), and at900p 26 lb,28lb, and other rackets,etc. this time i am going back to 24lb with my arcsaber10.. and found that arcsaber10 the best, including drop shots, clear, smash... and one more thing,, it's one of the fastest racket..

#11 skyjohnny1, Apr 26, 2008
  12. persona

persona Regular Member

banker
    Different tension apply to different people , some like it at higher and others prefer it to be less !!!

13. skyjohnny1

college student
    what you just said was just garbage. why the pro string up to 30lbs? because higher tension give more power,, average players don't string up to 30lb because a higher string tension need to be changed regularly due to faster loss of LB. that's why pro change string every single week. :cool:

i string it at 24lb instead of 30lb not because it give me more power, because i am not a rich guy and not have lots of money for changing the string every single week, not even every two week, dude.

#13 skyjohnny1, Apr 26, 2008
  14. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Lower tension will give you more power so that isn't garbage. It has nothing to do with changing string.

15. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

You are totally WRONG..
    For one thing, the average guy using Yonex racket will break his racket quickly when it is strung @ 30# because his technique is not good enough to hit in the sweet spot all the time....off centre hits can easily cause a string to snap and sometimes when this happens the racket snaps too...and also because the max tension for Yonex is not that high....Higher tension provides more power only when the player is good enough to utilize it...average players are not capable of playing well with high tensions...The pros string even higher than 30#...Some of the Denmark players were stringing at 37.5 #...I dont know for certain about others but have been told this was about maximum tension in the pros...??? BG65 strung at 30# last me just as long as when it is strung at 24...actually it may be longer at 30 because the strings dont move around as much during slice/drop shot practice...Please get your facts straight before calling someones post garbage, or at least soften it with "I think"...:D

16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

calling my statement garbage? geez, if what i said were garbage, then what you say would be.. garbage's garbage.

edit:
    it also has to be one of the lamest reasons for not stringing so high that i've ever heard..

johnny floating in his own sky, its not my personal opinion. phandrew and Dream Hai and i'm sure many other BC members agree with my statement.

#16 llpjlau, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    skyskinny, u may not know it but they are lots and lots of noob players that are richer than the pros.

if u say is true, why pros dont all string with free nanogy 98,95,85 ???
    most pros use cheapo bg65

18. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Dream Hai is dead on... I've also used the ns9kx 30#, at900P 30#, mp100 31# and arcsabre10 at 28#. Although a little lower in tension, this racquet seemed to absorb power more than I expected when compared to the others. Maybe 24lbs is your ideal tension, or the strings / grip size of the racquets you tried played some factor in performance differences.

At any rate, glad you like your racquet~

19. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    When you increase the tension the sweet spot area is smaller but is there a big difference in sweet spot area if you increase tension by 2lbs?

20. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

It is more of a percieved shrinking because the edges of the SS become tighter and part of the SS seems to be gone...or smaller...for me the sweet spot at 24# is the same as 22 or 26 and I think it is just because of my technique...I do have good skill in hitting the center or SS so I dont notice any difference...:eek:I do think I would notice if I went from 22 to 26??? But 2 # would be really hard to tell...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.