Can someone please help me!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by badminto, Apr 26, 2008.

1. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    Hi, I live in sydney and I am currently seeking a coach that is coaching a group. I am a beginner and have only started playin socially with friends once every week for 1.5 hours for about 6 months. I really want to become good and hope to play for the national team oneday, but in order to achieve this i must find a coach.
    Please if you live in Sydney and is being coach in a group, please can u give me the coach contact details and also the location of the coaching venue. I really appreciate it.
    I can play fairly well and know all the rules so I don't need to start from scratch.
    Thx!!!!!!:)

2. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

How old are you now??? What makes you think you could be good enough to play for your Country??? If you are really really serious then you should spend your summer vacation at a Badminton camp, preferably in China where you will learn correctly and not have to change bad habits later...Wishing you the best of Luck...:D

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Mate,
    I admire your spirit. Keep it up. There's a great player down south in Wollongong University. Name is Dr Iggy. He can be your master and give you the tips you need to reach the top. However, you'll need to be willing to endure the hardship to reach the top though. The more you give compared to others (effort), the more you will gain. Go and spar with him in one of the weekends (sunday morning?). Call the uni badminton club to get his number.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    BTW, he holds many2 NSW singles championship titles during his heydays. He even won 3 gold Australian master event recently. Tough old bugger. Ask for the Uni team badminton captain to get him.

5. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Sounds like a good player in his day and probably a good coach for learning the basic instead of developing bad habits...I still believe a badminton camp will teach you the modern technique and with the Dr. help make you the best you can be...The Chinese really have the top schools...enough said by me, now JUST DO IT...:D

6. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    Thx for all the tips, but Wollongong is a little far for me and the camp is extremely far and costly.If you know any other coach that is somewhere in the greater Sydney region it would be great.
    Thx!!!!!

7. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

If you cant find a coach then get some training videos and study them...

8. loosai

loosai Regular Member

play badminton
    good advise.....:D:D

9. trainedtotrain

trainedtotrain Regular Member

trainer
    Hi athletes,

Badminton is as easy as abc. If you are a new learner just begin with the thumb grip first. Ensure the racquet face is parallel to the net, tilt yr racquet slightly back and push the shuttles using your wrist only. Do that for a couple of sessions.

Also make sure your vision can see your racquet face, tape of the net and the bird coming your direction. That means your elbow must be at shoulder level

Let me know how do you feel knocking that bird.