Osaka - Suita shi

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by vmtien, Apr 27, 2008.

1. vmtien

vmtien Regular Member

#1 vmtien, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. gianluca7

gianluca7 New Member

JSPS Researcher
    Hi Vmtien,

I am working in Suita Campus and I would like to play badminton.
    Are you still playing every Wed and Sat from 5p.m.?

Thanks
    --G

3. elaw003

elaw003 New Member

Accountant
    Hi,

I am working in Osaka on a medium term assignment and am looking to play to get some exercise.

I was wondering if the Weds and Sats after 5pm games at the Suita campus are still being held? Or if anyone else knows where I can join a badminton club around Osaka? Thanks.

E

4. gianluca7

gianluca7 New Member

JSPS Researcher
    Hi elaw003,

my name is Gianluca (I am Italian).
    I don't know where to play badminton in Osaka suita campus, but there is a public gym near kita-senry (15 minute from suita campus).

The public gym is very convenient, do you want to play ?

Best Regards
    --G

5. elaw003

elaw003 New Member

Accountant
    Hi G,

My name's Eric and I am from Sydney, Australia. Have been working in Osaka for about 19 months now and will be here for another 15 mths (unless they send me packing sooner!).

Apologies for the slow-reply, but work's the culprit (I work for an accounting firm - natch).

I am keen to play, need to get some exercise into me ageing body. Really need it. I have not played since I graduated decades ago. I can play only on Sat-days for now, due to work commitments. How about 23rd? That date is currently open. Or let me know of other Sat-days and where. Oh, I will need directions to the gym. I live near my office in Hommachi and have yet to find a reason to go to Kita-Senri Station (which I think is a Hankyu line).

Rgds
    Eric

6. vmtien

vmtien Regular Member

Hi,

It's been a year since my last post. Just my return.

The timetable is still the same, but I rarely go there, just 3-4 times a month on weekends. In addition, the timetable is sometimes changed due to it is a gyms of Handai. There are also another activities. Currently, swine flu out breaking prevents all sports activities.

Therefore, unless you live very nearby handai or don't care about the distance to go, send me private message from this forum, I will introduce you to the teamleader for playing.

The general level of all guys here is below intermediate but they are all foreigners.

Of course, there are many clubs of Japanese. You can easily find them in any city's public gyms nearby. These clubs are well organized and have very strict rules on practicing and gaming. Disadvantage: they rarely speaks English.

7. vmtien

vmtien Regular Member

I went to the public gym near kita-senri station yesterday night as a substitution. I think it's quite ok. You have to pay 200yen for the court from 6p.m-9p.m. Shuttle cocks are on your own cost. You will be able to mix up with other guys (the matter of luck) to have games there, 8-12persons/1court.

Disadv:
    - be there before 6p.m otherwise you could not get in.
    - if only you can use a little bit Japanese.

Map for this
    http://www.navitime .co.jp/?keyword= %E5%A4%A7% E9%98%AA% E5%BA%9C% E5%90%B9% E7%94%B0% E5%B8%82% E8%97%A4% E7%99%BD% E5%8F%B05- 5-1&ctl=0110