Still Wondering...AT900P or T?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MeisterDon, Apr 27, 2008.

1. MeisterDon

MeisterDon Regular Member

Alright, I keep reading and reading on and on about these racquets getting so many mixed reviews... So, I will head straight out and ask out of those two, which would be best for me?

I play mixed doubles and I intend to only play serious matches in mixed... I am doing pretty well right now with my AT300, dropping is easy but my smashes are still a bit weak, clearing is still a bit weak but won't be much of a problem later on.

I want to be able to give those nice tight drops and keep my smashes at a decent speed even while I'm in the back, and while in front to be able to at least protect myself decently... I really don't know, any questions you may have for me go ahead, as long as it'll help with the decision...

2. mistahpho

mistahpho Regular Member

go with the technique.

3. MeisterDon

Could anyone be a little more informative, as to why either or please x-x;

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I think the best option is to try the rackets yourself and see which one you prefer.

5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    honestly, if you're going to be playing mixed as the guy, you'll be doing a lot of attacking from the back of the court! Go with the Power~ heck I play normal doubles and I still prefer the power~ Best is if you can try it out first, but if not, your situation calls for a power anyways :p

6. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    900T feels lighter and faster than a 300. My friend's Armortec 300 w/25# BG85 feels almost like a 900P in swing feel. But 900P take more time to get used to than 900T.

depends on how fast you swing with your wrist, 900T might be an easier and more pleasurable transition based on your self description.

7. MeisterDon

Thanks for the feed back, tomorrow I intend on trying out my friend's 900T. She plays as our number 1 girl's singles so I'll see how it is for her. If I like it, I'll probably go with that, though I really wish I could try out the power just to see how it is... And yeah, I realize I need to get a lot stronger which is why I'm working out now, so power won't be a huge issue later on in my badminton life but still a factor...Right now leaning towards Technique unless someone else has a say...

8. magiadam

magiadam Regular Member

From my experience:

Technique > Power in everything except for power.