racket for beginner

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by klein_8888, Apr 28, 2008.

1. klein_8888

klein_8888 Regular Member

any 1 can recommand me good rackets for beginner? i tried a mp99. totaly no power. . . i guess that racket its too advanced for me. am i rite?

2. morewood1

morewood1 Regular Member

Last beginer at our club I recomended a Karakal MTEC 85 for, it will grow with him and suit him until he has developed into a much better player and knows his strengths and weeknesses, he also wont cry too much if he snaps it, cost was about £25.

3. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    I'd pick something flexible, NS6000 perhaps - but its not cheap. Have a look at MP29Lt (also AT 150 / 250) - all of these should last you a while, and you shouldn't out-grow them too quickly (I know many good players who use them). I recommend the flexible shaft as the stiffer rackets can be just too much for a lot of players - me too even though I've been playing off & on for nearly 20 years!

4. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

MP 99 is not too advanced it is just too stiff....
    I love my Karakal racket but it also is too stiff for you...
    The Positive thing about the Karakal racket is that it is super strong head frame...will take a lot of punishment without breaking...Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin...(am I dating myself with this slogan?)
    Anyway the rackets are TUFF....

2ol2play made a post about a 20usd beginners racket called "The Kat"...designed especially for beginners...He said it was headlite and that is why I remember it well...I love headlite rackets....ask him about it because it sounded like the racket for you...oh yea, what got me the most was it even had warranty of 4 months...:D...most beginners rackets dont get that old...:D:DSorry I am just feeling wrascally tonite...

5. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

wat tension is the mp99 you used strung at

6. somsom

somsom Regular Member

Graphics Design
    Try MP 10 Lt it's a good one

7. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

MP 10 I am not familiar with....what frame etc is it...sounds like metal composite racket...I have never heard of it before???:eek:

8. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    I've previously posted this excerp in this thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55114.

I did'nt mean to spam but just to save time from re-composing by pasting it here.

"Does'nt matter, since you've bought it you should appreciate and enjoy playing with it. After all, quality of a racket is secondary and more of an ego, technique is more important. Imagine this, in the hands of a pro, even with an old Dunlop Maxply racket he/she can beat the hell out of an average player playing with the latest high end and or most expensive racket.

I have a range of rackets; old, new, cheap, expensive, heavy or light, I still play with each and everyone of it. The most important thing is to enjoy the game of badminton".

So in my opinion, a popular branded racket that you like and can afford will suffice. The more important aspect is how to weild it correctly. So, go about learning the techniques of the game first. From then on, if you are into competative badminton progress to hiring a qualified coach to help you excel.

Enjoy Your Badminton.

#8 OldBadFan, May 2, 2008
    Last edited: May 2, 2008
  9. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

sotx 8, extremely easy to use. rsl 4900 as well