APACS Furious663 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NiKYEAM, Apr 28, 2008.

1. NiKYEAM

NiKYEAM Regular Member

Student
    I got this racket for demo-ing purposes early in the second half of last year. If you ask Oldhand, he might recall helping me delete the pictures I put up of the prototype after realising that it might be against APACS' terms when letting me test it. It was a dark orange colour at that time, as compared to the lighter orange I saw at 10n10 Sports at Bras Basah Shopping Complex. Seems that the colour scheme has changed. The racket also seems to have been renamed. Not too sure about that. So let's move on to the review now and I will post pictures of the original later.

Furious663

What really caught my eye was the brilliant paint job and design. It was a really beautiful piece of art.

My first impression of this racket was that it was too stiff. But when my arm adjusted and I started hitting the sweet spot, shots were wonderful. Accuracy was great, power was there and the sound of my smashes were really intimidating.

After the initial first testing, I wrapped a normal Ashaway overgrip over the original grip and when I next used it, I got a shock. The racket felt so much easier to control! Power was, however, reduced, due to the handle being heavier than before.

It was originally strung at 28lbs with a 0.66mm APACS string, can't remember which one. I used the racket so much that the strings soon snapped.

Newly restrung at 30lbs with BG66, you could feel the sweet spot get significantly smaller, which is rather unfortunate. Although shots were sharper and with better feeling (Which might be due to the string), mishits were very unforgiving. All in all though, for the price that I saw it was being sold for, this racket is worth it.
    Power: 3.5/5
    Control: 4.5/5
    Feel: 5/5
    Manouevrebility: 3.5/5

2. NiKYEAM

NiKYEAM Regular Member

Student
    Pictures. Sorry for lousy quality, was taken in a hurry with an old camera phone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bomber27

bomber27 Regular Member

student
    is the 0.66mm apacs string called apacs new tech 0.66??
    i'm using the string, it's so amazing, the hitting sound is great!

4. NiKYEAM

NiKYEAM Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure. I think it is. Great feeling but not very durable.