My badminton speech; care to check for mistakes?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by llpjlau, Apr 29, 2008.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Hi,

first of all, mods, i'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post in but since its badminton-related, i would assume it fits here better than the Chit-chat forum.

anyways, i have to give a speech soon regarding badminton, i dont want to go into details about it but lets just say the majority of people i would be speaking in front of have barely seen the true side of the sport. could you check this introduction please?

What used to be a sport of the royal and wealthy in Gloucestershire in England has grown in popularity throughout the world after its introduction as an Olympic sport in Barcelona in 1992. It wasn’t until 10 years later, in 2002, that badminton was introduced as a PSA sport, making it the youngest of the 16. It is played with a best-of-9 system with 6 singles and 3 doubles.

neglect the facts in the italics. i'm also trying to explain that each of those 6 singles and 3 doubles are played with a best-of-3 set system. how do i go about doing that? suggestions please?

thanks for looking.

2. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    9 games are played in total, 6 singles and 3 doubles, best of 3 sets in each case.

3. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    (post deleted cause you said you didnt want to go into the details :) sorry )