Is Yonex TI7 any good?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Kim, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Kim

Kim Guest

Hi,

Is Yonex Titanium 7 MPF any good? Or should I ask: "How good is it?" A friend of mine got offered to buy one for about 100 USD, a brand new racket that is. Should he go for it?

Regards, Kim

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I have 1 of these Yonex Ti-7 and its the best racket i have. Its, in my opinion, better than the Ti-10 coz it has just the right amount of flex. Its a stiff racket but not as stiff as the Ti-10.

Its got excellent power in overhead clears and smashes and also excellent control. I love this racket but the only bad point is that it may be quite expensive. It pretty cheap here in Singapore in the small shops but i'm not sure about the US. But overall, an excellent racket

3. cb

cb Guest

Byro,

How cheap is the Ti-7 in Singpore?

4. Ben

Ben Guest

What String?

what string do u use?
    and the tension??
    is the racket durable?

5. justin

justin Guest

I paid 130 S$, which is about US75, with string. 6 month prior to buying, it was sold at the same price as a Ti-10, at 180 S$.

I had both Ti10 and Ti7 at one time, but prefer to use Ti10 for "must win" games. I am not sure why, but I feel that Ti10 is more forgiving. With Ti7, I tend to hit those lousy "craaak" shots, out of sweet spots, though I have the same string and tension on both rackets.

6. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Depends on where you buy it, if you go to the right places you can get it at about $135. If you buy it from the well known shops like Sportslink or whatever, it can cost up to $220.

7. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    RE: What String?

Yonex BG-65 Ti @ 22lbs
    I'm not sure how durable it is, so far i only have 1 scratch on it

8. AF

AF Guest

I have tried this racquet out as a demo. I was an ardent Yonex user for the longest time (Cab21, original Iso 500), but now I use Hiqua. Very good quality racquets without the high price. Anyways, back to the TI 7. I am not a fan of the TI racquets, but the 7 is very nice. It is balanced very good and it just seems to have the right amount of flex in the shaft for me. Not as stiff as the TI10 or TI8 and it seems a bit less head heavy than those two as well. Too bad, like most good yonex racquets, it costs a fair bit. Overall cosmetics are outstanding, best looking racquet out there.

9. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Definately the best racket out there and suits my individual style perfectly.... don;t let the pretty colours fool you though.... It may not suit your style. See if you can give it a test before buying it. Just to be safe. But in my opinion, the best racket i've ever played with

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Early in 2000, a friend asked me what Ti racket to buy when he's over in malaysia. I told him Ti 7 based on yonex spec. because Ti7 is not available in north america back then. He bot a Ti10 and a Ti7. He gave me the same feedback too. He still prefer the Ti7 over Ti110.

11. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    in my opinion, its because of the head weight and the stiffness of the shaft. The shaft stiffness is stiff and the head weight is about right. Thats like most of the past rackets eg iso 900/500 etc But the Ti-10 is head heavy and extra stiff. If you ask me, its too much to get use to in a short while.......

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

byro, have u tried some thinner yonex string on your ti7? worth a try!

13. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad

I haven't tried the BG-66. I heard that was the thinnest one and that its the same as the BG-65 except thinner.... Ok, i'll give it a try... but not till my current strings get too worn out coz $17 for strings is expensive.