What is different about the Arcsaber???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Dream Hai, May 2, 2008.

1. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

I would like to know what is different about the Arcsaber (besides the catchy name)....To me it looks like the same frame just new (great) graphics...:D

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

The major difference between ARC line vs other line is as follow.
    1) slim head. it has thinest head of Yonex line in production.
    2) material. cs nano carbon. lookup the website and it will explain what it is.
    3) cone. since i do not chock all the way up to the cone, i really don't know the difference.
    4) the way the shaft bend. you need to play it to know.

3. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

I played 5 min. with it and found it unsuitable for myself....Maybe for Lin Dan or such it will be great...too stiff for one thing and the tension only up to 11 is not enough...I am sure the pros will string it higher because they dont have to buy them when they break..
    The thin frame thing is nothing new
    Nano Carbon is Nano Carbon and I did not know there was a difference in the micro particles added to the carbon which make it nano carbon...this is new...
    The cone is the cone and does nothing except cover the joining of the shaft and grip...there is a little difference when the plastic insert is used but otherwise no difference....
    To me the shaft did not bend at all...but thats my lack of power...for me it was way too stiff...
    I am still wanting to know what can make it better than the NanoSpeed rackets....So much of new rackets is just Hype and I was hoping this one was something different...I am not a Yonex lover but they do come up with improvements that help the overall market...:D

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yes, the slim head is nothing new. However, both ARC has thinnest frame up to day. It help store energy.
    CS Nano Carbon are like a cone. C60 is a ball and used in regular NS racquet.
    The cone is changed from AT. It is suppose to help players grip up high which I do not do. So I can not tell you the difference.
    The shaft is designed to bend different than NS or AT racquet.
    You need to try out different racquet. As I said before, I still love my Cab30ms. It just ARC10 perform better than NS9K-x for me.

5. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    this was the person i buy racquets from told me, i dont know if he was bullshitting or not but it sounded interesting:
    the arcsabre is special in that the material is stuctured like a cone - imagine the shaft being made of multiple paper cups stacked on one another. When it bends it will bend differently then a normal racquet, which bends back like a willow stalk. It will only bend back so far before it will stay not bend any farther, but still keep storing more potential energy as you swing. Then when it unbends it will like snap back in place faster...

he said it something like that - got me interesting but sadly i only needed to buy more grip and didnt need a new racquet.

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc

This is the same old hat from Yonex. Just go back to Yonex's MP99 which they claim to have a shaft which acts like a condenser that stores energy. My as-yet-to-be finalized TEPSM prototype racquet has a more powerful condenser-like shaft than the shaft of both MP99 and ArcSaber 10, and it is just a mere 4U.
    If Oldhand can read this, I hope to bring my final version of TEPSM to KL in June for you to test it out with your ArcSaber 7 and 10. Even if it is not ready by then I will bring the rough prototype, which is good enough.

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The carbonex 8 has a slipper frame than the arcsabers.. and it's still in production. oh well.. there are always some exceptions anyway.

8. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

When I played with the Arc 7 today I got the same impression and that is that it is just "HYPE" from Yonex....Also the stiffness of the 7 is less than that of the 10 and I thought they were both super stiff...???Maybe different place of manufacture...The racket plays fine but nothing sensational but then again I am a headlite fan and not particularly fond of Yonex....I was just hoping that they had really come up with something new....:D

9. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    According to Yonex the stiffness is:
    ARC7 - medium
    ARC10 - stiff

10. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

My Badminton Store web site shows the Arc 10 as extra Stiff and the 7 as Stiff....This is probably correct because you can feel difference in shaft...the 10 was still not what I would call extra stiff though...Many other Yonex I have tried have had stiffer shaft???? I still think it is dependent on where it is made...What we have here is from SP...

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

There is a big difference between a racquet's stiffness and a racquet's shaft stiffness. This is one very important point many players are unaware of. I believe Yonex rates stiffness on the racquet materials and not the shaft's stiffness. The very best materials are ultra stiff but they can have a flexible shaft. A shaft made from ultra stiffness materials can be made very flexible by making its diameter small and/or long ala AT700. A very cheap low stiffness racquet can have an extraordinarily stiff shaft by having a fat diameter and/or short shaft made from the lowest grade graphite.

12. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Again, according to the Yonex factory, the shaft stiffness is measured from 8.0 to 9.5....they did not however say what this number correlates to...My personal guess is that it is how many centimeters of drop from horizontal with a specified weight applied to the end of the shaft...I still have no ans. back from the factory about this number so it is just a guess...What I am looking for is how is the Arc different and so far there seems to be no real "breakthrough" of any kind incorporated into the Arc....:(

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I used to exchange questions and answers with Yonex research people in Tokyo some years ago. You will end up giving them more information than getting from them. They are very fond of giving you their stock reply " Sorry, it is an industrial secret.."
    From what I can make out with their replies flex is not a measure of the shaft stiffness. They did explain that the AT700 flex is ultra stiff but that its shaft is not as stiff because it is designed to be longer and be more flexible.
    The ArcSaber 7 and 10 do not have ultra stiff flex like the AT700 or NS9000X.

14. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

I have a friend who works for Yonex in SP and this is where I get my info....sounds like the research people just give out a lot of mis-information and double talk...Everybody in the industry calls stiffness as the stiffness of the shaft, not the frame...They just dont want us to know...:D