Yonex Badminton Rackets explain

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Skanbuzz, May 2, 2008.

1. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi,

Just to clarify:

Yonex original/genuine racket:
    1) What are they?
    2) What is a Clone made?
    3) Why there are JP, CN, etc?
    4) Why in same model, there are SP & MP etc?
    5) What is a fake Yonex racket & the differences compared to a genuine?

Treat the any readers as if they are totally novices so all can learn & share.
    6) Wanted to buy a Yonex racket, what should be considered reference to above 1 - 5
    7) What alternatives available & why?

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

as far as i know,

1. they are rackets..obviously

2. what is a clone made? i'm assuming you mean what its made of, different clones are made of different materials. for example, apacs or ashaway would choose to clone the yonex nanospeed 8000. i would assume they're made of sensible materials. other clones (ie fakes) are made of utterly useless materials.

3. there are different country codes. different markets. yonex is a worldwide brand. it exports almost everywhere. the differences in quality between the different country codes is highly debatable but i choose to believe that there is not enough difference to make you win or lose a game.

4. SP = singapore coded. as i said, different markets. so SP would be exported to the singaporean region.
    MP = muscle power. it is a line of yonex rackets. for eg the Yonex Muscle Power 99.

5. a fake Yonex racket is.. a FAKE. differences include paint jobs, materials and of course quality. do not even think about buying a fake in search of a bargain.

6. you should consider what your level of play is. different rackets suit different people. different country codes are not as important but may be, if you want to claim warranty.

7. there are heaps of brands out there. eg Ashaway, APACS, Fleet, Wilson, Karakal, Head and YangYang just to name a few. there is also your local departmental store brand - eg Walmart badminton racket or Kmart ones, those are usually made of useless material so don't consider them.

last but not least, do a SEARCH! all your questions have been answered before.

3. crashandburn

crashandburn Regular Member

badminton player
    Search.....................................................