Question : Tai-Lai Feather birdies

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by HappyHour, May 4, 2008.

1. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

So right now i'm testing out feather birdies, so i just ordered in some tai-lai 201 feather birdies for 18$/douzen and wondering why the corks are so hard? is it supposed to be like that? also anyone know if these are goose or duck feathers? the flight on these is quite good when freshly used, but during 1/2 - 1 full game the shuttle starts to die: the flight is off, does some weird circle stuff, and cant really control. I'm using them for practicing / friendly matchs. I used to use victor champ #1 or rsl but they weren't in stock.

2. melee

melee Regular Member

$18 per tube is really expensive for 201. My 101 cost me $15 including shipping. But is seems that the durability is not good.

3. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

ye prices here are expensive, or i do not know where to buy them. Anyways is the whole cork tip really hard for yours too? is it supposed to be like this? i never used tailai birdies before

4. melee

melee Regular Member

Yes, it is extremely hard!!! But the impact feel on the shuttle when I hit is is nice, weired!

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I tried before, the feather is not durable and the cork is too hard. In case of 1 or 2 feather are gone, the shuttle is dead, not even good for practice.

6. melee

melee Regular Member

hey where did you buy that? I bought it from shuttlecombo.com but found out that they are fake ones. The label on the bottlom of the birdy was very easy to drop during the game, and the original label showed that a different brand!

7. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

ye the birdie is ok, lasts about 1/2 a game and the birdie is done. On impact, compaired to the victor ones, i get a different feel but its almost the same.

Ive never had the problem of the labal falling off. It just has a green sticker saying tailai-201.

8. melee

melee Regular Member

will post the picture when I charge my camera batteries

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    A few years ago, Tailai was very good for the $$$. Even 301 or 401, are good enough for club level of playing. Then, the entire shuttle industry seems going to the trend of raising price as well as lowering quality. :(

Personally, I won't go for 201 or below. With a few $$$ more, Tailai 101 and gold seems at least maintain certain quality standard. :rolleyes:

10. Taoyuan38

Taoyuan38 Regular Member

Retailer
    Yes, Melee, you are right, the Tailai brand shuttlecocks on Shuttlecombo.com are fake ones, the logo and tube packages are different from originals, as I know, the Tailai shuttlecocks on badmintonalley.com are original ones, the quality is good and with quite special prices, have a try there!!

11. Taoyuan38

Taoyuan38 Regular Member

Retailer
    I guess you can have a try there higher grade model TL-001 (Gold) or TL-101 (Green), these two Tai-Lai shuttlcocks are for professional games, commented highly by US badminton club, you can have a check the prices on badmintonalley.com.

12. Taoyuan38

Taoyuan38 Regular Member

Retailer
    FYI, the official webiste of Tai-Lai shuttlecocks is: www.BadmintonChina.Net.