Two types of string on MP100 and other problems

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Zclyh3, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    I'm an owner of a Muscle Power 100. I currently this racket to San Diego Badminton Supply to get this racket strung. I told them to string it with BG-70 Pro BLACK. When I got my racket back...they strung it WHITE! I was sort of disturbed. But the fact of the matter is this...I saw the 70 PRO letters on my string...then I suddenly saw BG-65 Ti! I have two types of string on my MP100! 70 Pro main..and 65 Ti cross. I told them to string it at 20 lbs. But I never thought they would string it with 2 different strings. As I played with my MP100, I totally lost control of this racket. Kept on hitting it out, and the strings felt loose. I'm an aggressive player. I love to hit hard, but I sometimes feel that I don't have enough strength. I can clear it...but my smash is alright. Is it realy in the wrist or arm strength? Also, my partner can't clear. He could only hit towards like middle court. Any tips? Also, what about my 2 strings on the MP100? Any other type of string recommendations you guys consider?

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

RE: Two types of string on MP100 and other problem

Also, I have an Ti-10 which I played before and the string tension on the 10 is stronger with the 70 Pro strung at 18lbs main, 20lbs cross. Should I go back to the Ti-10 of which I've played for 5 months or use the MP100?

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

If u are really unhappy, send the racquet back for restring

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

it is unprofessional and unethical to change client's specification. Also, bg70P is available in black. By their error, u should entitle for another free restring job. Also, if u r a strong hitter, u should have ask for higher tension.

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT

MP100 is a very good racquet. Don't waste it because of poor string. Mine was strung with BG 85 at 24 lbs - I feel quite satisfied with it.

6. alex

alex Guest

Sounds like this vendor is using scrap pieces of strings to re-string customers racquet. I'm surprised they have the nerve to do this to a top of the line racquet. This vendor may not be a good re-stringer, then.

7. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Well, the vendor is San Diego Badminton Supply at badminton.net. I've been with them for a couple months and they are great. But it's just this one time they have done this. I'm calling them today to ask why and if I could get a free restring job. I'll tell you if I do or don't. But what are your views on using the Ti-10 or the MP100?

8. Q-man

Q-man Guest

I personally never liked San Diego Badminton Supply and their stringing job. I used their strings once and twice before and each time
    i get it done, my strings are already loose and lacks power. I did it at 22lbs with them, and it really doesn't give the racket its
    full power. As for using two different types of strings and not giving you the color you wanted, that is just pathetic. That was why i stop
    doing business with them, i rather go pay more for my stringing job else where.

9. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Q-man, where are you from and where do you get your string jobs at? SDBS are currently looking into my problem and I'm going to have to send my racket back in.

10. Q-man

Q-man Guest

Hey Tony,

I live in San Diego, and i get my stringing done at Dave's Tennis Shop. His stringing is really different from San Diego Badminton
    Supplies, he does not even go over 22 lbs but his 21lbs would feel like 28lbs from SDBS. He's a nice and honest guy but to restring
    your racquet, it cost about $18 for BG-65, 23 for BG-70 Pro and $25 dollars for BG-80 but i feel it worth it for the price. The power
    was great on my Ti-10, Ti Swing Power SX, Carbonex-23, Isometric 750 muscle, and my Isometric 600. I used 21lbs on all of them.
    If you live here in San Diego, i would recommend you come and try out his stringing.

11. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Sorry dude. I live in San Leandro in the Bay Area in CA. I wish I lived in San Diego. Does Dave accept mail orders and does he have a website? SDBS is cool up until this weird string job. Do you recommend any other places that accepts mail order string jobs? I WOULD go to Asby's in San Jose, but it's expensive and don't want to waste gas to drive ALL the way there. By the way..damn..you spend lots of money on rackets like I do..hehe..I have a Ti-10 at 18/20 and MP100 with that 2 string thing. I gotta send it back to SDBS so they can check what's up. I was thinking about gettting a Ti-Swing Power..but my friends say I spend too much on rackets and that I need to get use to a racket for when season comes in about 2 months here in our high school games.

12. Q-man

Q-man Guest

Well the next time, i go to Dave's Teniis Shop, i'll ask him if he take mail orders and i'll get back to you.
    As for spending a lot of money on racquets, i do spend a lot. I am also a high school student here in San Diego
    and season is coming up for us too. As for buying the Ti Swing Power, i don't think its worth it for the money, i
    myself is planning on selling everything besides my Ti-10 and go get a new MP 100. None of those other racquets
    can compare up to the Ti-10.

So how good are you in your high school league???? I myself was a second year player last year and i was
    ranked #4 in the county and #3 for mixed doubles. So i have a chance of being ranked #1 this year, so i tend
    to try to find the most power out of these racquets, so i like trying buying a lot of racquets and selling them back
    to my teammates.

So how is the high schoo league up there?? Is it really competitive??

13. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

I only started concentrating on badminton last year. I was JV #5 so I pretty much sucked. But when we had a badminton banquet and a certain SOMEONE had to talk sh*t about me and the rest on JV, I vowed to play the rest of the year and so on. So that's what I been doing all this time. Ever since badminton season let out in around March, I've enrolled in my local college and have been playing through out summer and fall and now winter. I love to play no matter what. Over time, I've improved somewhat along with my partner. I still say that our backhand needs a lot of work but other than that, we can push for varsity #3 doubles. Competition is really stiff up here in the Bay Area. We recently played at the UC Davis Open in like November and totally got killed. I love to conditon a lot and that's what I plan on doing now just before season starts. My school would flourish but our girls suck. They complain a lot about running and most of them don't want to play singles. When they play doubles, they don't run, they don't lunge and just plain suck. The reason why my school would lose is the fact that our girls lose their matches. It all going to change this year. My friends and badminton buddies (whom has played with me the whole year and non-stop) are going to incorporate lots of conditioning. If they don't want to do it, then take a hike. I love it when I play at my college and I see a beautiful young lady playing better than I do! I love it when a girl is so devoted to her sport. I like that in a lady. But that's not the case in my school. Of course, I could be wrong and there are some girls on our team who work hard. But I think we can work harder. If you make it to state, I think you'll see me there..as a spectator that is. I'm not that good. But I'm highly involved with the new stuff Yonex puts out. Some of my friends said that they could picture me as a Yonex representative selling and endorsing new products. I'm Yonex crazy man. Anything and everything that's badminton is from Yonex in my house. Also, I plan out making a statement to our local newspapers on why they don't write about badminton and I'm going to do something about it. That's about all I have to say. I think I've said enough.

14. Q-man

Q-man Guest

As for girls always complaining and they just plain old suck,man, IT'S THE EXACTLY THE SAME HERE!! The girls at my school
    pretty much sucks too, they complaining about training and running and etc. I condition a lot too, i hit the weights pretty hard too. At
    my school, its seems i am the only one is devoted to the game. We end up losing a lot of games like to 2-15 or 3-14 because i win
    my two games, and thatz pretty much over. I've myself have tried getting more teammates down the gym and teaching them
    but if they are not into it, theres really no point in teaching them. I have buddies who trained with me too but the thing is they go
    to a different school. Yeah, it does seem you are a Yonex fanactic. Like you, like me, i also am invloved in a lot of the New Yonex
    merchanise that comes out also.

As for training through all this time, i did the exact same thing when i first started badminton after season ended. I was like playing #4
    on my team as a rookie and everyone was expecting to come back next year and see me as #1. Knowing me, i didn't plan on
    embrassing myself at the #1 spot against everyone else. So i trained day in and day out until last year. But that dedication kinds of
    fades out slowly. Now the competition seems really pathetic now. Everyone expecting me to be #1 in the county this year, and it
    seems there no more goal to reach. As for seeing girls playing better then you, you guys must have really good girls up there, cause
    i haven't seen a girl here that think they can beat me.

15. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Oh yeah man. There are lots of girls up here. Some of them are my rivals according to our schools. But other than that, they are cool with us. It's just that sometimes different schools train differently and my school just sucks. The girls won't do anything. Man, it sounds like your school is worst than mines. My friends totally think I'm a Yonex fanatic. I know like most of the new rackets and products and strings! I recently talked to a guy who's willing to hook me up with BG-95 strings! I was hella happy! I'm finally getting some strings that aren't even available in the US! I'm always serious with badminton and conditioning. But I don't work out so I really rely on endurance. I plan to save some money up and when season starts, everything on my body will be totally Yonex. Get this! My partner and I are totally going to match in clothing! What I'm really interested is those dope SHB-92 shoes with the new power cushions! When they come out I'm buying them for sure. I find it very hard to find some girls who are devoted to badminton. The girls up here just play like it's just a regular sport. I hate it when some girl I know is like "yeah..I'm on varsity" and they play like garbage. I just think it's unfair when us guys have to work harder just to gain a spot on the varsity team. I know there are girls out there who can beat the crap out of me and my partner, but I'm speaking for the girls in my school. I know of a school in Union City where the girls suck like hell. The coach of that school actually train each and every one of the girls and the outcome you say? They still sucked like hell. Hey man, maybe we can hook up some time down in San Diego. I really want to check out the Orange County Badminton Club. I'm getting ready for season now and my local college doesn't start badminton classes til the 22nd. So I'm really playing at open gyms right now. First thing is first. I need buy my gear for badminton. Once I get like $200-$300, I'm buying hella stuff. Yes, I'm Yonex crazy..yes I am.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

tony, if u plan to buy so much yonex stuffs, why dont you check out some hongkong stores. I think u can save 40%. It only cost you maybe 10 to 15US$ for shipping.

I too checking into HK shops. I couldn't reach luxis by fax. Does anyone know somebody at luxis with an email address?

17. Q-man

Q-man Guest

I am pretty sure my school is a lot worser thens yours. To prove it to ya, since you said you had to work for a spot on the team, here
    at my school there is no J.V. or Varsity we just have the line up and then the extra players. As for making the team, anyone who wants
    to show up at try outs and wanna play and willing to pay for the t-shirt (uniform) can be on the team. Other words anyone that wants to
    play, get to be on the team. What can we say man, girls will be girls.
    As for badminton shoes, i had some like Yonex SHB-570, and had a bad experience with them. Those shoe's cuhsion was very thin
    and i was wearing them during one of my games. After a couple of lunges, i put a lot of pressure on my right heel and it start giving
    me this sharpe pain each time i step on it. So after that, i had a hard time walking and limping. I ended up winning my singles and
    losing my mixed game which really pissed me off cause i was playing mix against the #1 mixed doubles team in the county and my
    heel was hurting so bad, i was diving to hit the birdie and then getting smash on. So as for the shoes, i stop wearing them and went
    back to my adidas. If you buy them, make sure there are REALLY tight on your feet, maybe you won't have the same problem as i did.
    I personally don't like playign at my local colleges because, the coach are all pretty much stupid and barely know anything about
    badminton. I usually play at San Diego Babloa Park Activity Center. I never been up in OCBC, and doubt i never go up there, but if
    you here down in San Diego, i am always up for a game.
    As for the strings, that would be cool. But wouldn't they be really thin and easy to pop when using Nylons birdies. Here in our league
    we been using Yonex Mavis 300 nylon birdies. I heard they are planning to change it to some HL condors birdies this year which
    really sucks. So what kind of birdies do you guys use up there???

18. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Man, we some HL Condor garbage. When I went up to NCS (North Coast Section), they were sponsored by HL and were using HL birdies. That's all we use in my school here in San Lorenzo. But that's going to change this year. Since I'm spending like $200+ on my equipment, I'll be purchasing my own Yonex birdies. I've got some Mavis 350's white and neon. Recently I've been trying to find some Mavis 500's and the 370's. I'm willing to pay anything to get some of those. As for cooler, I wished I could buy some stuff in HK. But the problem is that international calls are expensive and I have no website or email addresses. If I did and I had contact with them, I would definitely buy from them. I'm totally hooked on Yonex gear and I tend buy lots of stuff. Recently I had a friend help me buy a MP100. If I can, I can literally host a website for people from the US who can buy from me. Hehehehe..start some type of website store.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

HK stores

how about faxes or even by mail?

20. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

RE: HK stores

I totally have no emails or faxes of any HK stores. If anybody would supply them, then hell yeah I would go buy some Yonex stuff.