racquet recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by HappyHour, May 4, 2008.

1. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

So i've been using 2 light head racquets, the nanospeed 8000 and a kawasaki tour 100?( i do not know the specs) and this week my nanospeed's frame broke in half, i've been using for quite awhile. So now i need another racquet. I'm looking into a heavy head racquet that isn't too expensive. I'm tight on money right now so i'm ooking for a racquet that is about 80-100$ USD shipped. If you guys can recommand me some cheap but good racquets that would be appricated, first or second hand does not matter as long as its real; gunwine. I was thinking of getting the At900 but i heard the stiffness of the racquet takes time to get used to, and the price is off my limit. I was also interested in the ti-10 but i cannot find a store that sells that here in canada.

thanks,

2. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Did you try to get a replacement for the broken NS8K?

3. Marshmallow64

Marshmallow64 Regular Member

You have to get the ti-10 online from a place in Asia.

4. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

Well i like the ns8k and all but i'm thinking of switching it up to a heavy head, for more power. If that is what you meant by replacement.

But how do i know that the supplier of the ti-10 is legit and real? any recommanded sites? I've been trying to look for them locally but not many badminton shops here.

5. bobjimjoe

bobjimjoe Regular Member

i recommend using the ns8k some more
    i mean, as obvious, i assume you have a strong wrist, to be able to use the ns8k. stick with it

6. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

Ye i will most likely go back to the ns8k type x afterwards but for now since i have no money i've decided to get the armortec 250 made in taiwan 3U4G with i do not know what string yet, bg 65,80,85 and gripped iwth super grip. Is this a good choice?

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

You mean, the NS9K X right ?

I reccomend you BG80 btw..

8. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

yes sorry i ment ns9k X. How come bg80 string, any reasons over the others? i know that bg65 is cheap, preforms average and durability is good. Bg 85 is an excellent string but duriability is not that good. Also what set up should i go for? 3U4G or 4U4G i'm going to overgrip with yonex supergrip so do you think G4 is thin enough? i have a pretty small hand.

9. liint

liint Regular Member

you're concerned about the stiffness of the at900, but you play with a NS9000X?

10. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

i do not play with an NS9000x.

I USED to use a ns8k until it broke, right now i'm using a kawasaki brand light head/shaft racquet and i want to try out an ISO heavy head racquet as i do not have enough money to replace the ns8k.

11. liint

liint Regular Member

Sorry was confused, since you said you were going back to the ns8k type x and was corrected about it being the ns9k type x. Both are extra stiff according to Yonex.com and stiffer than the at900 is what I was getting at.

If you're open to trying out other brands, Dinkalot is selling a Sotx Woven 7 for around $100, head heavy and fits your budget.

12. HappyHour

HappyHour Regular Member

ye i ment when i get the money im going to buy the ns9kx.

Thanks for the mention ill message him.