how to improve with no time train

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Shadowdrgn20, May 5, 2008.

1. Shadowdrgn20

Shadowdrgn20 Regular Member

I'm in college right now and my studies obviously makes it hard for me to make time for badminton. Unlike high school, I can't have practice everyday after school. I play at club 2-3 times a week now. Given the small amount of time for badminton, I still want to improve. What are ways I can improve (even if it's only marginal) with this amount of time I have? Let's assume I have the basics down (not 100% proper but good form), and no stamina issues. How can I improve overall? Any ideas?

2. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

in my opinion i think improving your badminton skill will be proportion to amount of time dedicate to it.. you can't have best of both world. if you want to improve on something, you need to dedicate time to it.
    however, you can also improve with other way, example.. maybe while reading books or watching tv.. also swinging racket (i mean practice the wrist or the stroke.. careful don't break anything :D ).

3. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Easy. Get a coach. 30 mins or 1 hour per week to start.

-dave

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Haha I used to do that :D, but the ceiling ended up with so many marks (from my racquet), that my parents made me stop... Smashed the lights a few times too... VERY scary :p!!

I think playing 2-3 times a week is enough to improve naturally. Maybe you won't improve nearly as fast as training or getting coaching, but I've just been playing a couple times a week for quite awhile and i KNOW I'm still getting better. Just push yourself and try new things when you can (at club)? That's what I do anyway.

Oh and watch and learn from the best players!

#4 phaarix, May 5, 2008
    Last edited: May 5, 2008
  5. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    for me, i just watch alot of training videos and badminton tournaments and then try to apply when on the court, ie, get someone to do drills too...

but i totally agree, the more time you spend on badminton, the better you get, unless you're like gifted or a natural born talent =P