To keep or not to keep, that is the question.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by silentheart, May 6, 2008.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Dear Friends,

Just need your advice and opinion on this one. What do you do with a high end Yonex racquet that is discontinued with no special value to you?

Here is my situation.
    I have 1 MP99 that I never use. Since it is the high end MP line and it is being discontinued, should I sell it to benifit of other member. Or should I keep it in my collection of antiques?

Thanks!

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If you love the racket, keep it whether it's a collection item or to be used. If you prefer to get the cash and/or free up some space, time to put into the market. ;)

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

isn't htere a 2008-olympics edition being released of the mp99?

Othwise...heck, in 30 years and mp99 will be just as much an antique as an at300, at500, ns7000...Do you really think it'll matter what modelnumber is on it? :p
    Sure, on or two to keep for an antique is nice...but to keep on of each discontinued model would be...odd ;)

4. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    My thoughts:-
    It would depend on the racket. I have a collection of "extinct" rackets by Yonex, which I have kept just for fun. I dont plan to sell them now but if I ever get short on cash, then yeah, I would sell them. As far as rackets that you can get in plenty on the market & if you are not using it, then I think it is better to sell them off because someone might actually benefit from it.

5. silentheart

Well, the problem, I neither like nor dislike the racquet. Many of you know that I have too many racquets in my bag already and I only use Cab30ms when I have it. NS8K is my backup. I always keep the racquet that has any meaning or special to me. (ex. my broken Emerik, AR80, NS9000-x, NS8000, ARC7 (with 666 ser#), Pro Kennex 608?) I will keep a AT700 when it discontinued in a couple years. May be AT900-p&t when the time comes.
    Thank you for your answer, I think I just figure out what I want to do. I will keep it. Same reason as AT700 because I really don't like AT racquet, but AT700 is one of the kind classic. Just like MP99, a good work hourse and never give up.

Thanks guys...

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    all depends if u have other mp's in your collecton. U have mp100, 88 or 77?

7. silentheart

Dear Mast Cooler,

I thought you would ask me to send the MP99 to you if I am not going to keep it...

Nah, I did not like MP100 at all. I did not have any connection before MP88 and 77 got discontinued.

8. dreamlu

dreamlu Regular Member

Chef
    good on you. ;)
    i broke my mp99 last week, and i lost the at700 last year.:crying:
    hard to find them in the market now, maybe oneday, i need to buy fake mp99 and at700 for my collection room.:rolleyes: