Anyone Kows of Any Decent Racquet Shop in Mauritius?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Old_African, May 7, 2008.

1. Old_African

Old_African Regular Member

I just arrived in Mauritius and will stay in this island country for a prolonged period. Having no idea if I could find a court to play badminton in this new place, I left all my gear at home. Now, I already found my way to the local badminton circle but the racquets in the shop are just too expensive to afford. Take Arcsaber 10, for example. It sells at Rs.9,500, which is approximate equal to USD365.

Does anyone know of any shop (other than Allsports) in Mauritius where they sell cheaper but decent racquets? Thanks very much in advance.

2. Dealucis

Dealucis Regular Member

WOW 365USD! dang.. If i may suggest, you can try buying online, not from ebay, but from online stores like mybadmintonstore.com or shuttle house

3. Old_African

Thanks Dealucis. Have gone through some threads and am tempted to buy online. But what happens if a racquet arrives with a broken shaft or cracked frame?

4. Dealucis

Dealucis Regular Member

I haven't heard of any cases like that, but at any rate, if you fear that it will arrive broken, you can add postal insurance at a cost of a few extra dollars. This way, if it arrives damaged, you'll get another one. However, it is very unlikely that it will break. Not saying that it won't be damaged, but it's highly unlikely.

5. cliffhu

cliffhu Regular Member

researcher
    USD365?!Finally there is a place that sells more pricy than UK!

6. Old_African

The insurance is available only with Speedpost EMS, the shipping fee of which is HK$365 for 1 racquet, 2 grips and 1 tube M370, whereas the standard shipping fee for the same pack is merely HK$85. That's a huge difference. I'll think about it.

7. Old_African

I hope there're shops that sell these sports things at better prices.:crying: