Armortec 800 def 4u/5u racket:

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by mr_flibbles, May 7, 2008.

1. mr_flibbles

mr_flibbles Regular Member

bum
    Hi, i have ordered a few rackets online and they are as follows:

rkep armortec 750, apacs edge saber 10 and visible 1300H. I was trying to get hold of a very light racket, i was once given an armortec 800def by a friend to try and thought its lightweight was fantastic, it was as if it didnt weigh anything at all, the smash it had was very powerful as it was so easy to accelerate the racket head with it being so light and defensively it was as if it was just an extension to your hand. Everywhere i look i cannot find armortec 800 def and the one my friend had has broken. I think his armortec 800 def must have been a 4u or a 5u in weight and was wondering if anyone had one of these they are willing to sell.

Once i receive and use the above rackets that i ordered i will post a review of each. The easiest way to buy the racket if anyone has one is to post it on ebay and let me know.

2. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

I don't believe the Armortec 800 Def was ever sold in a 5U weight, they only had 3U and 4U versions. My guess it was a the 4U, however the Armortec 800 Def is no longer being produced and has been replaced with the Armortec 900 Technique. There will be some stores that still have stock, but they will more then likely be in Asia.

3. mr_flibbles

mr_flibbles Regular Member

bum
    I have an armortec 900 tech and it does not play the same as the armortec 800 def, if you know of a racket that does play like the 800 def i would be interested. I hear there is a wilsons k-lite and a carlton iso superlite.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    5U racket = counterfeit!!! Probably is a 5U with all the paint shaved off or even less ROFL!

5. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    AT800DEF is a nice racket, but if you like light racket, I think you should take a look at the NS9000S. Try to get the 3U model. Both of the racket has similar flex with the NS being a little stiffer.

The NS might weigh more, but it's a even balance so it feels lighter then the AT.

I used to use the AT800DEF but switch to AT900T. I like the T more because it's stiffer.

As far as getting a AT800DEF, you might have to look over sea. Try bbesports. I'm 100% sure that they still have it. Might have to pay a little more for the shipping because they're in China.