User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Colored Shuttlecock

Gia Dinh Sports in Vietnam has a high grade goose feather (same quality as Yonex) shuttlecock that they will make in colors if the interest is there....On this post I would like to find out how many of us would buy this item (if it sold for about 14 usd per dozen????)....I am not selling shuttlecock but only trying to get a bunch of us together so that they will produce the colored shuttle for us...sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried coloured (red, blue, green, yellow) shuttles before. Their durability was awful and they flew too much. I did a high serve with one and I made it stuck on the ceiling..

But the ones you are reffering to, should be of different quality.. hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I've tried coloured (red, blue, green, yellow) shuttles before. Their durability was awful and they flew too much. I did a high serve with one and I made it stuck on the ceiling..

But the ones you are reffering to, should be of different quality.. hehe.
    I have played with these before and they play super and last 3-4 games per shuttle....the way they will color them is in the glue so should make no difference in flight characteristics...They have the exact same flight drop rate as Yonex...no wobble crisp turn and drop straight true flight...we just need to get them to make us some....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I see. The ones I used were like.. dyed with ink or something. Those were terrible..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Haha I see. The ones I used were like.. dyed with ink or something. Those were terrible..
    What I need to find out is how many people are interested in buying high quality colored shuttles...???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 to 4 games per shuttle?
    we use 3 to 4 shuttles per game!
    can't say i'd be too interested though .... white shuttles are absolutely fine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same as Yonex, which grade??? If AS10 or 20, no thnx... Seriously, it makes hard to believe any shuttles will last 3-4 games, especially competitive level of double games. There are a group in my local area using AS50, I never saw any 1 AS50 lasted more than 2 games, even singles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Same as Yonex, which grade??? If AS10 or 20, no thnx... Seriously, it makes hard to believe any shuttles will last 3-4 games, especially competitive level of double games. There are a group in my local area using AS50, I never saw any 1 AS50 lasted more than 2 games, even singles.
    Not all shuttles will last 4 games or even 3 depending on the number of smashes and feather benders that one has...also we are willing to play with them much longer than we do in competition....The fact that I am trying to get across is that they are darn good value and perform the same as Yonex...all grade of Yonex must meet the flight and drop scale and these perform the same....I just want to be able to buy them in a color other than White....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will be good to see something different! It's so difficult to get Grade 1 birdies, they are only meant for the gp circuits or national team etc.. What we are getting in the market (Singapore) are meant for the mass population and they are extremely expensive. Most of the birdies can only last for 1 single game. Betw there isn't much goose feather in the world now. Manufacturers are resorting to duck feather instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha can we see some pictures of how it looks like? ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good idea jhirata! who can spare some?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would shipping costs to the US or other areas be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shipping Colored shuttles

Quote Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly View Post
    What would shipping costs to the US or other areas be?
    The only economical way to ship them would be to ship by boat...This is cheap (I will have to check this cost) but takes a couple of months to get to the U.S....Maybe you could get with my brother in Seattle and order together??? Or have the Club order them....anyway this is what I am needing to do...find others who are interested in the colored shuttles and then we can all order one big order and divide it up between us....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hai View Post
    The only economical way to ship them would be to ship by boat...This is cheap (I will have to check this cost) but takes a couple of months to get to the U.S....Maybe you could get with my brother in Seattle and order together??? Or have the Club order them....anyway this is what I am needing to do...find others who are interested in the colored shuttles and then we can all order one big order and divide it up between us....
    Thanks, but I've decided to try to find a decent way to color the cork (covering) rather than the feathers. I've done a little experimentation and have found that a bright (fluorescent) orange seems to work even better than optic yellow (greenish-yellow) in a variety of cases.