Colored Shuttlecock

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Dream Hai, May 7, 2008.

1. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Gia Dinh Sports in Vietnam has a high grade goose feather (same quality as Yonex) shuttlecock that they will make in colors if the interest is there....On this post I would like to find out how many of us would buy this item (if it sold for about 14 usd per dozen????)....I am not selling shuttlecock but only trying to get a bunch of us together so that they will produce the colored shuttle for us...sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place....

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I've tried coloured (red, blue, green, yellow) shuttles before. Their durability was awful and they flew too much. I did a high serve with one and I made it stuck on the ceiling..

But the ones you are reffering to, should be of different quality.. hehe.

3. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

I have played with these before and they play super and last 3-4 games per shuttle....the way they will color them is in the glue so should make no difference in flight characteristics...They have the exact same flight drop rate as Yonex...no wobble crisp turn and drop straight true flight...we just need to get them to make us some....

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Haha I see. The ones I used were like.. dyed with ink or something. Those were terrible.. :(

5. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

What I need to find out is how many people are interested in buying high quality colored shuttles...???:D

6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

3 to 4 games per shuttle?
    we use 3 to 4 shuttles per game!
    can't say i'd be too interested though .... white shuttles are absolutely fine.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Same as Yonex, which grade??? If AS10 or 20, no thnx... Seriously, it makes hard to believe any shuttles will last 3-4 games, especially competitive level of double games. There are a group in my local area using AS50, I never saw any 1 AS50 lasted more than 2 games, even singles. :rolleyes:

8. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Not all shuttles will last 4 games or even 3 depending on the number of smashes and feather benders that one has...also we are willing to play with them much longer than we do in competition....The fact that I am trying to get across is that they are darn good value and perform the same as Yonex...all grade of Yonex must meet the flight and drop scale and these perform the same....I just want to be able to buy them in a color other than White....:D

9. loggietoh2003

loggietoh2003 Regular Member

Army Officer
    it will be good to see something different! It's so difficult to get Grade 1 birdies, they are only meant for the gp circuits or national team etc.. What we are getting in the market (Singapore) are meant for the mass population and they are extremely expensive. Most of the birdies can only last for 1 single game. Betw there isn't much goose feather in the world now. Manufacturers are resorting to duck feather instead.

10. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Haha can we see some pictures of how it looks like? :D..

11. loggietoh2003

loggietoh2003 Regular Member

Army Officer
    good idea jhirata! who can spare some?

12. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    What would shipping costs to the US or other areas be?

13. Dream Hai

Dream Hai Regular Member

Shipping Colored shuttles

The only economical way to ship them would be to ship by boat...This is cheap (I will have to check this cost) but takes a couple of months to get to the U.S....Maybe you could get with my brother in Seattle and order together??? Or have the Club order them....anyway this is what I am needing to do...find others who are interested in the colored shuttles and then we can all order one big order and divide it up between us....:)

14. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Thanks, but I've decided to try to find a decent way to color the cork (covering) rather than the feathers. I've done a little experimentation and have found that a bright (fluorescent) orange seems to work even better than optic yellow (greenish-yellow) in a variety of cases.