Good badminton shop in KL!

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by nitelamp, May 9, 2008.

1. nitelamp

nitelamp Regular Member

Need help from KL local players.:)

I'll be in KL for a 5 day business visit. I'd like to play with local players unfortunately not get time. Pls recommend some good badminton shop in KL so I can buy some local badminton staff as souvenior. Pls leave the shop name and address.

Thank you so much! :D

2. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    Go to Pertama Complex. It's a one stop area where you can find many shops for different brand of Badminton stuffs. I can't be sure but generally considered reasonably priced. As for the location, just ride a cab and ask for the place.

Enjoy your stay in K.L.

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

careful not to get con on the cab fare though. always go my the meter.

4. flyingfox

flyingfox Regular Member

can guide how to take lrt or mrt?

5. crashandburn

crashandburn Regular Member

badminton player
    Take putra LRT or Komuter and stop at SOGO shopping complex /MARA blue building station, the station is directly at the rear entrance of the Pertama Complex building.

Pertama Complex is between SOGO Shopping complex and MARA building.

6. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    That's a piece of good advice. However, I had been a cabby before. Rest assured not all cabbies are crooks.

And on behalf of the Malaysian population I apologize for your bad experience/s.

As for taking the LRT, depending on where our friend stays, it might not be convenient. Since you guys are able to provide such info., I presume you are more or less familiar with our system here. Again I'm sorry to say that not every coner of KL is link by LRT/MRT.

Taking our Chinese friend's time constraint into consideration, taking a cab would still be a better choice. Of course it would be wise to heed llpjlau's advice.

Nevertheless, any unscrupulous service should be reported to the appropriate association or ministry in concern.

To sign off, I welcome you all to where ever in Malaysia and sincerely hope that your visit to be a fufilling and enjoyable one.

7. nitelamp

nitelamp Regular Member

Got back from KL!

Got back from KL!

It was a pleasant journey however I didn't get time to go to above place....:crying:

I spent 2 hr in Twin Tower and finally found badminton staffs on top level of shopping mall. Sadly the price there was more expensive than PRC and YY racket model is kind of outdated (doesn't have ARC series). It's really a pity I could not go to above recommended place for shopping.

I just go to Su Di Wong for a 1:30 shopping before I went to airport and the price there is really attractive. I brought some local scarf, table decoration, Polo shirts, Hush Puppey shoes there and local caddies.

Thank you all anyway for your warm-heart help and I've really enjoyed my stay in KL!:D I'd like to go to KL again for fun sometime.

P.S.:
    The TV in Shangri-La only have about 20 channels and doesn't have Thomas and Uber Cup live-broadcasting!:mad:

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

true, i've been driven by some really nice people in KL (and Singapore for that matter) before. the good ones usually give a good first impression while the crooks, well, lets just say they seem to have a bad aura surrounding them.
    so when you get into a taxi/cab, you can tell the personality of the driver from his first few sentences.

9. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i think RTM1 or TV3 did broadcast the TC/UC

10. crashandburn

crashandburn Regular Member

badminton player
    Yes RTM did show it live, maybe you turned in wrong chanell or got the timing wrong ?!!

Even we watched it live here in UK ....via TV3/RTM channels...:D:D:D