Cab 20 MS & Cab 30 MS

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by angelus_2012, May 10, 2008.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

in between both said rackets, which one is more preferable for doubles play and also hard hitter, yet quick for defence?
    i had been reading reviews and been getting different responses.
    thanks for the information

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I love Cab30ms. It is my #1 racquet. I had a Cab20ms before and it is a very good racquet too. Sir DinkALot likes Cab20ms better. Yes, I am not helping here...

3. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Its the cab30ms for me...

I did not try the cab20ms but the cab23 (or 22) which many say are the similar. They are both excellent. In fact, the cab23 was what caused me to try the Cab30.

Between the 2, I prefer the extra length of the cab30. I also prefer the way the swing of the Cab30 feels.

4. ak1900

ak1900 Regular Member

I love the Carbonex 30, but I find it a tad bit slow for defense. Its not bad, but there are faster rackets out there. Power and feel are great with the Cab 30 though.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    cab23 is very different from cab22.

6. silentheart

I totally agree. They are way different.

7. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Kekeke... didn't mean to say cab22 == cab23. I wasn't sure if I played the cab23 or cab22 (it was the cab23). Still, I mistook seeing in the reviews page that cab20ms == cab23 when it was cab20power == cab22.

8. feerof

feerof Regular Member

I just bought a cab30ms, and it's much harder to use than my cab8400 haha... but net play is just amazing.

9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hang in there!

You really want to get accustomed to the cab30ms -- it's really worth it. I am not sure about the 8400 but the cab30ms is a long racket so you may need to adjust your grip a little. You might also want to play with your tension a bit. I string my cab30 to slightly higher tension than my previous rackets and loved them that way.

10. silentheart

1) Cab8400 is a beginner racquet. Much bigger frame size than Cab30ms.
    2) Like WeeYeh said, longer shaft for Cab30ms.
    3) Since you bought it, get use to it.

11. feerof

feerof Regular Member

1) i guessssss, but the cab is wider than the cab30ms, and the cab30ms is narrower. ahah so i think it works out to be about the same? i ono...
    2) HAHAHHA i realized this when i was trying to do net shots and i totally missed the bird HAHAH
    3) onlyyyy playyyyyed ittt forrr oneee dayyy!!! XD but i'll get use to it hahaha my friend told me it was an unforgiving racket, so i'm prepared to tame my racket HAHA

mind i ask what both your tensions are? because when i bought my racket (2nd hand) it was strung at 23lbs. (i'm guessing it's around 20-21 lbs.) my cab8400 however was strung at 25 lbs, and i couldn't hit the birdie correctly at that time, and now that it lost about 3 lbs, i can hit it haha... quite sad, i want to hit the bird hard at higher tensions rofl... I was thinking about stringing my cab30ms at 26 lbs. do you think thats is a good idea?

ps i realize this is a bit off topic, but angelus_2012 should get the cab30ms (just because of it's shear sexiness), but it's hard to find... i think, since it's not being produced no more haha...

#11 feerof, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
  12. silentheart

Hi Feerof,
    I usually string my Cab30ms at 22x24lb with bg85. Higher tension is good if you can handle it.
    I am not sure what you are talking about. Cab30ms is still in production and I get them quite often.

13. hkbsah

hkbsah Regular Member

:D I only have the Cab 30 MS so I would have no idea how does it compare to other, but so far it serve me well, it a good racket for beginner to intermediate, :D you can stick with it forever if you choose to, not too expensive, 100-120, much better than buying a cheap one then you getting better then have to switch to another one. Will try to get my hand on one of those Ti-10 or AT-700 and see what happen next, for now, it's all good.

14. feerof

feerof Regular Member

one day i phoned into tads sports (an official yonex distributor), and they said the cab30ms was discontinued. i ono...

15. Heong

Heong Regular Member

are there any reviews for the Cab20MS?

I would like to see what people think of this racquet.
    I love the price of this racquet.

16. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

The Cab20MS... I bought one from Sir Dink a few months ago, he shipped it to Europe.

In the beginning I was using a NanoSpeed 7700 3U (Not my thing. I sold it after I got started loving my Woven).

When I tried the Cab 20MS I didn't like the it at all. Much too heavy (2U) and the Oval shape wasn't my cup of tea. I rarely used it and it just lay in my bag. I also ordered the SOTX Woven 4A 2U from Dink aswell. I started using that racket. It too was way heavy, but I knew it had potential, so I kept using it. Right now, it's the best racket I've ever tried. But after I got use to the weight of the SOTX, I told myself it was a shame to leave such a wonderful black shiny Cab20MS in my bag. Luckily I broke my strings on my Woven, and had to wait a week or so. I pulled out my Cab 20MS, and o gosh, it was amazing. Hitting the sweetspot on an Oval is just a tremendous sensation! It wasn't heavy anymore, but really quite agile! Defence was exceptionally well (as far as a mid-balance racket can be), and the attacking qualities were awestriking. I love it! You can easily control all of your shots, which includes pin-point accuraccy on dropshots, smashes, drives, etc.

I'd really recommend this racket to everyone. It's just a bit heavy (not for me now. I've gotten used to it). If you can overcome that weightbarrier, you'll be very happy with it. And to be very honest, I don't know if there's a 3U version, but try to get the 2U. The power is really exceptional, and still very agile.

In the end, I borrowed the racket to a close relative. He loves it so much he doesn't want to give it back :D Well, my sweet Woven is my go to racket, although I still miss the Cab, someday I'll get it back :)

Footnote: Both rackets were at that time strung with PowerGut 65 Neon at a tension of 25lbs. by Sir Dink himself.

17. silentheart

I am very happy to know that Cab20ms find another new home.

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I've played with both Cab20ms (2u) and cab30ms (3u).

Personally, I think both are good all around rackets, but personally I prefer cab30ms as it's lighter and with longer reach (1cm). I know there's cab20ms 3u, but it's not available in US. When I 1st got cab20ms, I love the feedback from my stroke, but the weight and stiffness tired out my arm relatively fast. The lighter and longer cab30ms fits myself a lot better, as I am weak and slow. :D The feeling of a good stroke with a cab racket, is just out of description. It just feel "soooo good". :p

19. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

My Cab20MS definitely found a new loving home.
    I should really try to get my hands on a Cab30MS sooner or later... and I mean a 2U version :D

20. silentheart

unless Sir DinkALot found another Cab20ms, I can tell you that a 3U Cab30ms plays very simular to that Cab20ms. Cab30ms is a little longer and felt almost the same if you hold the racquet at the end.