restringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by itsmadvil, May 10, 2008.

1. itsmadvil

itsmadvil New Member

student
    HI there,

I am new here, I bought a yonex nanospeed 8000 racket two months ago and i stringed it with BG65Ti 24lbs but i broke the strings playing playing 4 times in a moth as we play only on Fridays...i restring that again with same strings and same tension and broke again with in a month..I am intermediate player and i love hard hitting and love playing offensive.

I would love to know what type of strings and tension you guys will recommend me which are more durable, long lasting for a player who love offensive hard hitting game.

I have given BG65 a thought and want a little thicker then BG65Ti, i guess , but i m not sure I will appreciate your responses as soon as possible..
    Thanks much

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Try BG70pro or NBG95

3. wilson_ku

wilson_ku Regular Member

i like bg 70pro a lot. holds tension well and doesn't break that often

4. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Id say go for bg80's, cant go wrong with them =]. NBG95's are another option. It has great durability and when you first hit with it, it has a nice ding sound to it. Only problem is, when you start losing tension..it feels a bit dead and takes away the feel.

5. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

take a look at dinks string guide it has some great options for what ever youre looking for. Its also nice that he updates it every once and a while so its fairly up to date. bg80s are good for power, so are bg66, but they both lack in durability esp the 66's. 65's are very basic strings and its probably time to move away from them. 70s are good if you still want some durability yet some better performance than 65s.

also look outside of yonex. ive been playing micro power by ashaway and its a good powerful string, good durability but not quite as powerful as bg80. next im going to try ashaway Micro Legend. NBG are simply too pricey for me.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If he thinks 65ti is not durable enough, then 80 will be a nightmare... :eek:

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Agree, make sure the sting did not break near the top. If so, it is a miss hit and you need to improve your technique.

8. itsmadvil

itsmadvil New Member

student
    So what string you will recomend me with waht tension...what about Ashaway MP?

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Ashaway MP is a fine string. It is right after BG85. Best string for the price IMHO. It is softer than BG85 and better repulsion than BG80.