What happen to INA Thomas team ?

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by fantastic4, May 11, 2008.

1. fantastic4

fantastic4 Regular Member

Student
    3-2 win from thailand ? Anybody watching live those matches can give comments ?

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Thailand WON?!!?!
    HOW IT HAPPENED??!?!?!

3. modious

modious Regular Member

No, Indonesia won 3-2.

But it is shocking to see Sony and Taufik losing their Singles matches!! :eek:

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

No lah. Indonesia won 3-2. Sony K & Taufik lost. Kido/Setiawan, Joko/Hendra, Simon S saved the day. The young Tonongsak managed to beat Taufik in straight sets, surprising indeed.
    If Thailand have another MS like Boonsak..... tie could have been to Thailand.

5. Bao

Bao Regular Member

I watch live, what a "unforce error" TEAM (INDONESIA) :(

INDONESIA with the no. 1 Squad againts Thailand who already playing this morning againts Germany

Target of INA is 5-0 win due to Thai Physic maybe allready used previous hours againts Germany (THAI win 3-2)

#1 Man Single 0:1
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro Vs Bonsak Ponsana
    "great play" Bonsak VS "Creepy" Sony, he is absolutely on Pressure, many unforced ERROR made,

#2 Man Doubles 1:1
    Markis KIdo/Hendra Setyawan Vs ?????????
    absolutely perfect mission done by No.1 BWF pair, Great JOB!!!! CONGRATZ :)

#3 Man Single 1:2
    Taufik Vs #90 rank
    what the heck taufik just done:( no smash!!! no spirit
    GREAT young gun of THAI :) congratz to THAI

#4 Man Double 2:2
    JOKO/HENDRA Vs Sudket Prapakamol/????
    we know how great sudked in XD so I affraid JOKO/HENDRA will b defeated, but many unforce ERROR from THAI give INA balancing score on a rubber game

#5 Man Single 3:2
    Simon Santoso Vs #102 Rank
    very calm of Simon, Great Play but still some unfrced ERROR, but yah INA win, :)

many people here exactly surprise with Taufik lost, its OK for Sony, its still same level of player,
    but Taufik? speechless for him, :(

Congratz to THAI, be the #2 as their target!!! YOU ARE GREAT and SPIRIT-UP TEAM

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its ok to have a near blunder this early. As long as it is not during the crucial stages.

7. modious

modious Regular Member

It's easy to say now that it's over.

Had they lost, they would probably be facing China in the QF!

8. Bao

Bao Regular Member

by winning this tie, INA wil be the no.1 in group D (except any miracle, germany beat INA 4-1 tomorrow on 06.00 GMT)

so in QF INA will face (winner GroupB 2 Vs GroupC 3-----> should be MAS or KOR)
    if play againts MAS ina will b defeated 4-1, (only win on 1st MD--> I think)
    if play againts KOR, INA will b lost 3-2, by looking at the INA squad againts THAI :( ITS OVER now for INA,
    sorry to say this,

9. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

not over...the match would be a good therapy to SDK and friends under pressure and nervous play in home ground before they are in real "knock out" matches....lets see and support them...ayooo optimis brother... :D

anyway...congret for INA uber cup squad...well done...INDONESIA BISA DAN PASTI BISA...hehehe.:D:D:D

10. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

i think taufik didn't put enough attacking pressure. he obviously could totally own the front line if he had pushed the guy standing a lil further. he should have done more smash and fast drill, but who knows perhaps he wasnt in his comfort zone to do that. i feel that taufik was being forced to do back hand lift quite few times which ended up losing his opportunity to attack or at least put his opponent under pressure. if he really wants to win the cup, he better do something different coz it ain't gonna be that smooth with malay and china.

as with sony... i must say boon was playing great defence and was very2 consistent, and unfortunately sony was at the other end tonight. i heard IBF still questioning whether they gonna take sony out in the next game or keeping him. and i think they did a quick interview with sony which was admitting that he cant focus on the game tonight for some reason.

overall, many unforced errors... far too many.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I see where you're coming from but don't be too dispirited. They always have a rousing encounter with MAS and that could go either way. I see them having more problems with KOR who have 2 strong MS and 2 incredibly strong MD. BTW, Sony's defeat by Boonsak should come as no surprise to anyone. Was a new star born in Tanongsak?

12. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Over for INA?? Please... MAS/KOR vs INA will mean 2 win from MS for INA :), just need to get 1pt from the MD.
    The only bad thing is having to wait for Wednesday for some the fireworks to begin. :eek:

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I hope you won't regret that statement ;):)

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sneaky taufik, he dont want to show his card to china, saving his best tricks for the big final exam, the OG:D;)

15. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Taufik does't perform well in team event usually. I wouldn't rely heavily on him to deliver crucial point for INA team.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Surprised but a close one..

..it was shocking to see, not Sony's lost, but Taufik's lost to an unknown...and in straight sets....On the other hand, i was surprised, not "shocked", to see Joko and Hendra gutting and pulling out a crucial win in their match, esp. after losing the 1st game. I had thought it was probably over for them, when BC and tournamentsoftware.com died, so i wasn't able to follow the rest of the actions.:p
    I think the thumbs up should go to Joko & Hendra..IMO, they were the heroes of the day; and to Simon for clinching it.
    ..i only saw a few glimpse of the actions on the livestream and i was speechless too, after Taufik lost...
    ..the INA TC squad will most likely win their group but if they come and play with the same kind of attitude and urgency in the QF or SF round, as they showed in their group's tie vs. THA, they will be rolled over...:p
    ..this might be his first encounter with the unknown THA, but for Taufik, the only possible reason for his disappointing performance is his lack of training..:p
    ..so far Tanongsak has won 2 of his matches. We'll see if Tanongsak can duplicate his performance in his next match.
    ..his match y'day could've been the crucial one, if not for his 2, maybe 3, younger teammates;)

#16 ctjcad, May 11, 2008
    Last edited: May 11, 2008
  17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    ONLY the die hard TF fans were to believe this:D TH is already past his prime, with this kinda form, he can be easily thrashed during the early round in OG08:rolleyes:

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yeah, but show me a player who'd like to meet him in the early rounds. He still has that mystique about him, although it's starting to fade somewhat.

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    To beat TH, a very simple rules.. He must be a very tall player.:D
    NTM, Anup, Tanongsak, Wacha... plenty on them on the cards.;)

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Simple lah...

..cooler likes to tease about Taufik and his fans lah..:p

Simple reason why Taufik lost: he probably didn't train much at all, if any. Typical him lah..:p