Muscle Pull ??

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by colombus, May 11, 2008.

1. colombus

colombus New Member

Hi

I just started playing badminton almost a month back
    Sometimes when i try to smash i feel like my hand muscle get twisted ,it happened 2 or 3 times but usually automatically it gets straightened but today it was worse for sometime it was in the twisted state and i was not able to move my hand properly after sometime it was normal
    is it just normal muscle pull or something else i still have bit pain near the joints . anyone had similar problems ?? Shud istop playing badminton ???
    plz advice

2. Dealucis

Dealucis Regular Member

First off, did you do any warm ups before you start playing? I usually do my warmups for 15 minutes or so before I start playing to avoid any muscle injuries. If you did do warm ups, then maybe your smashing technique is wrong? If it's not those two, then I think you'd better go see a doctor. If it's serious, then your doctor'll probably recommend you to lay off badminton for a certain period (worst case scenarios: for life :crying:).

3. CHOcobo

CHOcobo Regular Member

pay off school
    since you just started pretty recently, it could be your not used to it. when your smashing try not to use all your might onto the smash. start off soft to try to get your muscle used to the new formation of your body. other wise if i were you, go see a health doctor about it. if this is serious it might effect you in the long run.

4. terror

terror Regular Member

i would advise you to see a doctor, as most other BCers would also suggest. in the meantime, u probably should abstain from playing

i may be wrong, but the description u provided reminds me of mild dislocations where the bones get dislocated for a split moment then pop back into place.

anyway, heres wishing u a speedy recovery

5. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    what about muscle hurt when you swing ... for a smash .. but normal time ... everything feel fine ...

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You're pushing your muscles too much during a smash so that is why it hurts.

7. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    it's the tricep that hurts ..... it's the first time i pull that muscle i feel so stress now .... because now i can't do any smash ..

8. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Give your arm a rest and see what happens. If you haven't played badminton for a long time then that might cause the pain due to the lack of use for the triceps.

9. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    well i start playing 3 week ago.. and was doing really good until friday when i pull that stupid tricep ... now i can't smash .. but my wrist has power my drop and backhand still works .. but they are not my best. i will rest it for 2 to 3 days and focus on my footwork.. hope that is fine.

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You can also try using ice gel or deep heat so ease the pain and speed up recovery.

11. Chiku

Chiku Regular Member

Physiotherapy
    most probably muscle strain due to lack of stretching... for 1st 24 hours put ice and compress it a bit over the prob area for 15-20min... and having a rest for 3-5 days... last time am facing the same problem, i can't even hit over head shuttle... the triceps muscle got minor tear coz lack of stretching...

12. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    i been going to the hot water spa and takign really hot shower trying to increase the heat but still to no avail .. i still can't smash and do clear...it's really a bad feeling ...

today i was left out of badminton friendly match ... well even i am feeling better i would be left out . i am one of the worst player. ... i guess no one want to pick a crappy player with injury ...